Ridley Scott's ‘Exodus’ Got A New Name, Christian Bale as Moses
By Riza Ornos | April 1, 2014 4:42 PM EST
After the release of "Noah," Ridley Scott's upcoming epic Bible story "Exodus" is reportedly undergoing a title change. The new title "Exodus: Gods and Kings" are the two titles that Steven Spielberg and Ang Lee were brewing before they came up with the original title.
Actor Christian Bale
Since the studio could not clear the one word title, Scott is changing it to "Exodus: Gods and Kings" before wrapping its production. Written by Bill Collage, Adam Cooper and Steven Zaillian, the new biblical epic film stars Christian Bale as Moses, "Breaking Bad" star Aaron Paul as Joshua and "Avatar" actress Sigourney Weaver as Tuya.
"It's an intriguing piece, because it's very few people that I've met that have actually read the Torah, the Pentateuch, the five books of Moses, all the way through," says the "Batman" actor in an interview with HitFix. "Most people read snippets. If you read it all the way through, it's harsh. It's really 'Old Testament.' And violence in the extreme. He was not a man of any half measures whatsoever."
After his Best Actor Oscar nomination from his outstanding performance in "American Hustle," Bale is also set to appear in Terence Malick's "Knights of Cups." The actor also appeared in Scott Cooper's "Out of Furnace," a thriller film also produced by Ridley Scott and Leonardo DiCaprio.
Related in the Bible book of Exodus, "Exodus: Gods and Kings" is an interpretation of the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt as lead by Moses. Filming began in October 2013 in Spain and 20th Century Fox published the movie's first stills on Dec. 20, 2013, and announced its release date on Dec. 12, 2014.
Based on the life and times of Moses, the film is going to be another hit for Scott who is best known for "Gladiator," "Black Hawk Down, "Bladerunner" and "Prometheus." With so many Bible related films this year, Hollywood is banking on the millions of people who know about the story as the supply of comic-book heroes seems to run dry.
Bible films to watch out for 2014 and 2015 includes "Heaven is For Real" and "Mary, Mother of Christ," a prequel to Mel Gibson's "Passion."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS