Ridley Scott's ‘Exodus’ Got A New Name, Christian Bale as Moses
By Riza Ornos | April 1, 2014 4:42 PM EST
After the release of "Noah," Ridley Scott's upcoming epic Bible story "Exodus" is reportedly undergoing a title change. The new title "Exodus: Gods and Kings" are the two titles that Steven Spielberg and Ang Lee were brewing before they came up with the original title.
Actor Christian Bale
Since the studio could not clear the one word title, Scott is changing it to "Exodus: Gods and Kings" before wrapping its production. Written by Bill Collage, Adam Cooper and Steven Zaillian, the new biblical epic film stars Christian Bale as Moses, "Breaking Bad" star Aaron Paul as Joshua and "Avatar" actress Sigourney Weaver as Tuya.
"It's an intriguing piece, because it's very few people that I've met that have actually read the Torah, the Pentateuch, the five books of Moses, all the way through," says the "Batman" actor in an interview with HitFix. "Most people read snippets. If you read it all the way through, it's harsh. It's really 'Old Testament.' And violence in the extreme. He was not a man of any half measures whatsoever."
After his Best Actor Oscar nomination from his outstanding performance in "American Hustle," Bale is also set to appear in Terence Malick's "Knights of Cups." The actor also appeared in Scott Cooper's "Out of Furnace," a thriller film also produced by Ridley Scott and Leonardo DiCaprio.
Related in the Bible book of Exodus, "Exodus: Gods and Kings" is an interpretation of the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt as lead by Moses. Filming began in October 2013 in Spain and 20th Century Fox published the movie's first stills on Dec. 20, 2013, and announced its release date on Dec. 12, 2014.
Based on the life and times of Moses, the film is going to be another hit for Scott who is best known for "Gladiator," "Black Hawk Down, "Bladerunner" and "Prometheus." With so many Bible related films this year, Hollywood is banking on the millions of people who know about the story as the supply of comic-book heroes seems to run dry.
Bible films to watch out for 2014 and 2015 includes "Heaven is For Real" and "Mary, Mother of Christ," a prequel to Mel Gibson's "Passion."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight