NBA Trade News: Kevin Love Interested to Join Chicago Bulls
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 1, 2014 3:41 PM EST
All-Star forward Kevin Love said he's intrigued of the possibility of joining fellow All-Star point guard Derrick Rose and center Joakim Noah, when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer.
According to Dave McMenamin, a source close to Love reported that the three-time All-star would also consider the Bulls as potential destination because of their talents and great coaching staff.
Moreover, there are reports that the Bulls would make a run for Love before the trade deadline next season with power forward Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler likely to be included in the trade package.
"If Minnesota opened a bidding war for Love, the Lakers are set up to have better draft assets to deal over the next couple of years, but don't have any young pieces as valuable as Chicago's Taj Gibson or Jimmy Butler," via Hoops Rumors.
Other analysts are pessimistic about the Bulls chance in getting Love because of their cap space constraints. Carlos Boozer could be amnestied next season, but the possible acquisition of Carmelo Anthony or Nikola Mirotic will limit the team's chance of getting Love.
"Depending on what the Bulls do this summer, they may not have enough cap flexibility to obtain Love by trade or by signing him if and when he becomes a free agent demanding a max salary. Carlos Boozer's contract runs through next season but could be amnestied," Hoops Rumors Cray Allred reported.
"Nikola Mirotic could be bought out from his European team and brought to Chicago, and other free agents could be added for next year and beyond, including some improbable scenarios involving Carmelo Anthony."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)