NBA Trade News: Kevin Love Interested to Join Chicago Bulls
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 1, 2014 3:41 PM EST
All-Star forward Kevin Love said he's intrigued of the possibility of joining fellow All-Star point guard Derrick Rose and center Joakim Noah, when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer.
According to Dave McMenamin, a source close to Love reported that the three-time All-star would also consider the Bulls as potential destination because of their talents and great coaching staff.
Moreover, there are reports that the Bulls would make a run for Love before the trade deadline next season with power forward Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler likely to be included in the trade package.
"If Minnesota opened a bidding war for Love, the Lakers are set up to have better draft assets to deal over the next couple of years, but don't have any young pieces as valuable as Chicago's Taj Gibson or Jimmy Butler," via Hoops Rumors.
Other analysts are pessimistic about the Bulls chance in getting Love because of their cap space constraints. Carlos Boozer could be amnestied next season, but the possible acquisition of Carmelo Anthony or Nikola Mirotic will limit the team's chance of getting Love.
"Depending on what the Bulls do this summer, they may not have enough cap flexibility to obtain Love by trade or by signing him if and when he becomes a free agent demanding a max salary. Carlos Boozer's contract runs through next season but could be amnestied," Hoops Rumors Cray Allred reported.
"Nikola Mirotic could be bought out from his European team and brought to Chicago, and other free agents could be added for next year and beyond, including some improbable scenarios involving Carmelo Anthony."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies