NBA Trade News: Kevin Love Interested to Join Chicago Bulls
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 1, 2014 3:41 PM EST
All-Star forward Kevin Love said he's intrigued of the possibility of joining fellow All-Star point guard Derrick Rose and center Joakim Noah, when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer.
According to Dave McMenamin, a source close to Love reported that the three-time All-star would also consider the Bulls as potential destination because of their talents and great coaching staff.
Moreover, there are reports that the Bulls would make a run for Love before the trade deadline next season with power forward Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler likely to be included in the trade package.
"If Minnesota opened a bidding war for Love, the Lakers are set up to have better draft assets to deal over the next couple of years, but don't have any young pieces as valuable as Chicago's Taj Gibson or Jimmy Butler," via Hoops Rumors.
Other analysts are pessimistic about the Bulls chance in getting Love because of their cap space constraints. Carlos Boozer could be amnestied next season, but the possible acquisition of Carmelo Anthony or Nikola Mirotic will limit the team's chance of getting Love.
"Depending on what the Bulls do this summer, they may not have enough cap flexibility to obtain Love by trade or by signing him if and when he becomes a free agent demanding a max salary. Carlos Boozer's contract runs through next season but could be amnestied," Hoops Rumors Cray Allred reported.
"Nikola Mirotic could be bought out from his European team and brought to Chicago, and other free agents could be added for next year and beyond, including some improbable scenarios involving Carmelo Anthony."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Chelsea FC: Spanish NT Doctor Belies Mourinho's Claim That Diego Costa Aggravated Hamstring Injury
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists