NBA Trade News: Kevin Love Interested to Join Chicago Bulls
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 1, 2014 3:41 PM EST
All-Star forward Kevin Love said he's intrigued of the possibility of joining fellow All-Star point guard Derrick Rose and center Joakim Noah, when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer.
According to Dave McMenamin, a source close to Love reported that the three-time All-star would also consider the Bulls as potential destination because of their talents and great coaching staff.
Moreover, there are reports that the Bulls would make a run for Love before the trade deadline next season with power forward Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler likely to be included in the trade package.
"If Minnesota opened a bidding war for Love, the Lakers are set up to have better draft assets to deal over the next couple of years, but don't have any young pieces as valuable as Chicago's Taj Gibson or Jimmy Butler," via Hoops Rumors.
Other analysts are pessimistic about the Bulls chance in getting Love because of their cap space constraints. Carlos Boozer could be amnestied next season, but the possible acquisition of Carmelo Anthony or Nikola Mirotic will limit the team's chance of getting Love.
"Depending on what the Bulls do this summer, they may not have enough cap flexibility to obtain Love by trade or by signing him if and when he becomes a free agent demanding a max salary. Carlos Boozer's contract runs through next season but could be amnestied," Hoops Rumors Cray Allred reported.
"Nikola Mirotic could be bought out from his European team and brought to Chicago, and other free agents could be added for next year and beyond, including some improbable scenarios involving Carmelo Anthony."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS