Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS Update Roll Out Next Month with Tons of Bug Fixes
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 1, 2014 3:40 PM EST
The new Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update will roll out in many Nexus devices next month heralding a lot of bug fixes.
The details of the Android 4.4.3 emerged and it seemed that the new OS update will be focusing on the bugs that were not resolved or created by the previous 4.4.2 update. Rumours about the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update started last week after a lot of consumers complained on the bugs and issues in their Nexus devices after they downloaded the 4.4.2 version of Android mobile software.
The new Nexus 5 will run on Android 4.4 KitKat out of box.
Android Police reported that Android 4.4.3 will be a massive bug fix update. However, users must not expect any cosmetic changes or any new features. Google might save new features and UI changes for the next major version of Android.
Below are the several fixes that will arrive with Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update.
- Frequent data connection dropout fix
- Camera focus fix
- Power Manager display wakelock fix
- Multiple Bluetooth fixes
- Random reboot fix
- USB debugging security fix
- Wi-Fi auto-connect fix
- Stuck in activation screen fix
- Missed call LED fix
- VPN Fix
Among all these fixes, Nexus 5 users are most eagerly awaiting the camera focus fix, which is a serious issue on the smartphone. LlabTooFeR, too, has reported that Android 4.4.3 is under testing and it will fix the known camera bug.
Google usually roll out new Android updates during the working week rather than the weekend. Moreover, the update was rolled out in stages. This means that some users will receive the latest update until Google has ensured smooth delivery of the OS update.
If the build exists, the OS update will be the third version of the Android 4.4 Kitkat OS following the footsteps of Android 4.4.1 and Android 4.4.2 KitKat updates that were rolled out last year.
However, rumours pointed that a new generation of Android OS will be coming in a few months. It was speculated that Android 4.5 Key Lime Pie will be released at Google's I/O Conference alongside an unknown device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation