Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will Feature Galaxy S5 Features on Release, IP67 Certification Expected
By Karla Danica Figuerres | April 1, 2014 3:11 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rumour mill starts churning and the latest say that it could arrive with some Galaxy S5 features on release date.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
According to a report from the Korean media, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on release date will feature same IP67 certification like the Samsung Galaxy S5. The much anticipated next-generation Note will be water-resistant and dust-proof if the rumour is accurate.
Earlier rumours and reports say that the future Samsung Galaxy devices will be water-resistant and dust-proof so, this new report falls in line with the previously leaked information.
The Korean media claims the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will have the same Galaxy S5 IP67 certification thanks to the Liquid Silicon Moulding water-resistance method seen with the Galaxy S5. The IP67 certification guarantees that the device is safe to submerge in water up to 1 metre for as long as 30 minutes.
It is not surprising to see Samsung to incorporate water-resistance to its future Note series devices, seeing as the smartphone appears to shape the specs of the Galaxy flagship.
On release date, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to include a 20MP rear camera as sources claimed that Samsung "began to develop the 20-megapixel smartphone camera module with a view to releasing it in the second half of 2014."
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is also expected to feature a 6 inches display, which might have the advanced handwriting recognition. The Korean tech giant filed a patent to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, which outlined a way of unlocking a device using handwriting, similar to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy Note 3 but this new patent allows users to perform commands with writing them from the lock screen.
In the patent, the example used was writing "call mom" on the lock screen using the S Pen, which simultaneously unlocks the device with handwriting recognition and call mom's number saved on the device.
Thus far, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launch and release dates are expected to happen sometime in September.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More