ICC World T20 2014 Preview: Australia vs Bangladesh Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Live Penultimate Group 2 Game
By Deepak Vikraman | April 1, 2014 2:52 PM EST
From the favourites going into the ICC World T20 2014 into playing a dead rubber with nothing to gain, and a little more pride to lose - Australia will still be scratching their heads wondering where it all went wrong, but they will also be desperate not to pile up the embarrassment with a loss to Bangladesh in their final Group 2 game in Mirpur.
Where to Watch Live:
The World T20 game is scheduled for a 3.30 pm local time (3 pm IST, 9.30 am GMT, 5.30 am ET) start with live coverage in India on Star Sports 1, Star Sports 3 and Star Sports HD1. The live streaming option in India will be provided HERE. Viewers in Australia can catch all the action live on Fox Sports, with the online live streaming option HERE. New Zealand viewers can live stream the action HERE, Sky Sports 2 will show the game live in the UK and Ireland, while you can also live stream the game HERE. The game can be watched via live streaming in Pakistan HERE or HERE, with the same for Sri Lanka viewers HERE.
Catch the action in the US on ESPN with the live streaming option HERE. To watch the match in Middle East click HERE, South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa viewers can go HERE, while Latin America viewers can do the same HERE. The match can be live streamed in Europe HERE, with the option for viewers in Canada HERE.
It is not like Bangladesh will be riding that roaring wave of positivity either, with the hosts stumbling and fumbling through the entire tournament, which began with such a promising win over Afghanistan.
Australia are coming off losses to Pakistan, a close match, West Indies, and even closer game, and India, an absolute rout, and skipper George Bailey was lost for words trying to explain his team's performance, especially in that match against India, where they were bowled out for just 86.
"I'd go so far as to say it is the most disappointing game that I've led for three years," Bailey said after the India debacle on Sunday. "I'll give all credit to the Indian bowlers, they obviously bowled well.
"I certainly do not think our batters can hold their heads particularly high in terms of our shot selection, our match awareness, our game sense, all the stuff that we spoke about in the last game that we were not particularly happy with. We asked for improvement and we certainly did not have that."
Just like England in the other group, Australia have not been able to string together all three aspects of the game in one match - it was the bowling that disappointed in the first two matches, but just when the bowlers did decently well to restrict India to under 160, the batsmen decided to fall asleep on the wheel.
The fielding has been iffy throughout the ICC World T20 for pretty much every team, and Australia have had their issues too, particularly holding onto catches, with a couple of easy ones which would have dismissed Umar Akmal in the first game, and possibly taken them to an opening win, especially costly.
At the other end, there is Bangladesh, who have not been able to do anything right - the bowling has not quite worked, apart from the impressive Al-Amin Hossain, the fielding has been absolutely woeful, both on the ground and catching, while the batting has flattered to deceive on pretty much every occasion.
"There are a few positives, I can say," Bangladesh skipper Mushfiqur Rahim said when asked about the performances in this World T20. "Our first target was to get through the first round, which we did. If we qualified we knew we would be in the big group with the big teams. But unfortunately we did not perform well.
"Really disappointing tournament so far, but we have one more game to go and we would really like to finish it well so that we can take some positives out of the last game."
The only positive for Bangladesh in this World T20 has been their support, which has been unrelenting and wonderful to watch. Maybe Bangladesh can do what Netherlands did on Monday, catch a team lacking in motivation and pull off a mega upset - their fans certainly deserve one impressive performance.
Team news: Australia: Daniel Christian might be given an opportunity for the first time in this tournament, while the likes of Nathan Coulter-Nile and Brad Hogg will also hope for an inclusion.
Bangladesh: Mashrafe Mortaza has been ruled out with a knee injury with teenager Taskin Ahmed replacing the experienced man in the squad.
Expected lineups: Australia: David Warner, Aaron Finch, Shane Watson, Glenn Maxwell, George Bailey (capt), Brad Hodge, Brad Haddin, James Faulkner, Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Muirhead, Brad Hogg.
Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Shamsur Rahman, Nasir Hossain, Mahmudullah, Ziaur Rahman, Sohag Gazi, Abdur Razzak, Al-Amin Hossain.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change