Sony Xperia M Dual C2004 and C2005 Now Receiving Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update; Steps to Install Using a Computer
By Ryan Inoyori | April 1, 2014 2:42 PM EST
Sony Xperia M Dual is now receiving the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean from Sony Mobile after the push for Xperia M single-SIM variant. It runs 15.5.A.0.18 firmware build version and contains new features such as new STAMINA mode and updated camera app.
Sony Xperia M Dual Android 4.3
Sony Mobile is now seeding the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update for the Xperia M Dual smartphone. It follows the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update released for the single-SIM variant of Xperia M and carries various changes for the device.
Owners of Xperia M Dual with get a new firmware build version coded as 15.5.A.0.18 running Android 4.3 with Project Butter default feature to improve the user interface. Additionally, users of Xperia M Dual will get the following changes after updating the device.
1. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based Sony Xperia Home UI
2. Android 4.3 version of the battery saving tool called STAMINA mode
3. Updated camera interface with Sony Smart Social camera
4. New camera default options including Burst mode
5. New camera apps free for download such as AR Effect and Timeshift Burst
6. Updated Sony media apps: WALKMAN, ALBUM and Movies
7. Improvements on Sony native apps: Messaging, Sony Select and more
8. New Sony default themes and wallpapers
9. Xperia Themes now supported to get more themes via Sony Select or Play Store
10. Latest security enhancements from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
How to Update Your Xperia M Dual
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Sony Xperia M Dual is currently available via Sony PC Companion for Windows computers, Sony Bridge for Mac and Sony Update Service. It is now seeding in several regions such as Brazil and Europe and compatible for C2004 and C2005 Xperia M Dual.
1. Download and install the Sony PC Companion or Sony Update Service on a computer running Windows XP, Vista or 7. For Mac, download and install Sony Bridge instead.
2. Connect your Sony Xperia M Dual to the computer using a USB cable and let the drivers to be installed. If it doesn't follow the instructions prompt on the screen to make it work.
3. If an update prompts, check the internal storage space on your smartphone. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update requires at least 770 MB of space to be installed.
4. Follow the instructions provided by the program and do not disconnect the device if the firmware download hasn't started yet.
5. Once the download has been completed, you need to reconnect your handset for the update process. Xperia M Dual should have at least 50 per cent battery level to initialise update.
6. Follow the guide regarding disconnection or not detected notice on your Xperia M, if any.
7. Never interrupt the update process to avoid corrupting your device or the firmware.
8. After the update, disconnect the smartphone then turn it on. Wait for several minutes as the smartphone will take longer time on the first run of its new firmware.
Congratulations! Your Sony Xperia M Dual is now updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Project Butter and new Sony Xperia UI.
To contact the editor, e-mail: