'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 6 - Top 8 Sings Audition Songs'
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 1, 2014 2:30 PM EST
From thousands of people who have auditioned on "American Idol" (AI) 2014, down to 212 hopefuls who were given the golden tickets and had the chance to reach their dreams and go to Hollywood, only 8 idol hopefuls remain.
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. (C) pose with host Ryan Seacrest (2nd R) and producer Randy Jackson at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
After the Top 9 live performances last week, Jena Ascuitto revealed to backstage reporter Jason Ikeler that the remaining idol hopefuls will knock the stage with performances from their regional auditions on Finals Week 6 Wednesday night, April 2.
Last week, the "American Idol" judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. didn't use the "save" so Majesty York left the competition and will not be singing her audition song, which was "Violet Hill" by Coldplay on Wednesday. With "American Idol" continuously pushing the contestants to go out of their comfort zones and let their personalities shine, this week will be their chance to prove how much they have grown in the competition.
Now take a look back at what the idol finalists had sung during the auditions on American Idol.
C.J. Harris (Jasper Alabama) - "Soul Shine" by Allman Brothers
Jena Irene (Farmington Hills, Michigan) - "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele
Caleb Johnson (Asheville, North Carolina) - "Into the Void" by Caleb Johnson
Jessica Meuse (Slapout, Alabama) - "Blue Eyed Lie" by Jessica Meuse
Alex Preston (Mount Vernon, New Hampshire) - An Original Song
Dexter Roberts (Fayette, Alabama) - "I Like to Drive" by Casey James
Malaya Watson (Southfield, Michigan) - "Ain't No Way" by Aretha Franklin
Sam Woolf (Bradenton, Florida) - "Lego House" by Ed Sheeran
Who do you think will make it to the top 7? Stay tuned on Wednesday's live performances and Thursday's results show to find out.
On Thursday, April 3, American Idol will have Chris Daughtry back on the idol stage with his band "Daughtry" singing their single "Waiting for Superman." Daughtry finished fourth place on "American Idol" Season 5 where Taylor Hicks won.
After getting eliminated on American Idol Season 5, Chris Daughtry has become a busy musician. According to Daughtry band's biography, the singer "has had more than his share of career highlights" in only a span of five years. Daughtry and his band had been active in giving fans "electrifying live shows" all around the world, including South Africa, Singapore and Philippines.
'American Idol': Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul And Randy Jackson to Return as Judges? [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast