'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 6 - Top 8 Sings Audition Songs'
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 1, 2014 2:30 PM EST
From thousands of people who have auditioned on "American Idol" (AI) 2014, down to 212 hopefuls who were given the golden tickets and had the chance to reach their dreams and go to Hollywood, only 8 idol hopefuls remain.
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. (C) pose with host Ryan Seacrest (2nd R) and producer Randy Jackson at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
After the Top 9 live performances last week, Jena Ascuitto revealed to backstage reporter Jason Ikeler that the remaining idol hopefuls will knock the stage with performances from their regional auditions on Finals Week 6 Wednesday night, April 2.
Last week, the "American Idol" judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. didn't use the "save" so Majesty York left the competition and will not be singing her audition song, which was "Violet Hill" by Coldplay on Wednesday. With "American Idol" continuously pushing the contestants to go out of their comfort zones and let their personalities shine, this week will be their chance to prove how much they have grown in the competition.
Now take a look back at what the idol finalists had sung during the auditions on American Idol.
C.J. Harris (Jasper Alabama) - "Soul Shine" by Allman Brothers
Jena Irene (Farmington Hills, Michigan) - "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele
Caleb Johnson (Asheville, North Carolina) - "Into the Void" by Caleb Johnson
Jessica Meuse (Slapout, Alabama) - "Blue Eyed Lie" by Jessica Meuse
Alex Preston (Mount Vernon, New Hampshire) - An Original Song
Dexter Roberts (Fayette, Alabama) - "I Like to Drive" by Casey James
Malaya Watson (Southfield, Michigan) - "Ain't No Way" by Aretha Franklin
Sam Woolf (Bradenton, Florida) - "Lego House" by Ed Sheeran
Who do you think will make it to the top 7? Stay tuned on Wednesday's live performances and Thursday's results show to find out.
On Thursday, April 3, American Idol will have Chris Daughtry back on the idol stage with his band "Daughtry" singing their single "Waiting for Superman." Daughtry finished fourth place on "American Idol" Season 5 where Taylor Hicks won.
After getting eliminated on American Idol Season 5, Chris Daughtry has become a busy musician. According to Daughtry band's biography, the singer "has had more than his share of career highlights" in only a span of five years. Daughtry and his band had been active in giving fans "electrifying live shows" all around the world, including South Africa, Singapore and Philippines.
'American Idol': Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul And Randy Jackson to Return as Judges? [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage