5 Seconds of Summer (5SOS) Songs Top Charts, Gaining More Fans in UK (TWEETS)
By Maychelle Ornos | April 1, 2014 1:43 PM EST
The pop group from Sydney, 5 Seconds of Summer, has now broken through international markets as their hit songs not only top the charts of Australia but also the UK. The pop rock band formed by Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford, Calum Hood, and Ashton Irwin in 2011 had humble beginnings that are similar to other stars like Justin Bieber who was also discovered in YouTube.
Covering famous songs are now very common but the boys made themselves known by injecting their own unique vibe into their covers. This move has paid off as they are now international pop rock sensations toppling down the US chart topper Pharrell Williams from the top spot in the Australian music charts, as reported by The Sydney Morning Herald.
5 Seconds of Summer's hit single "She Looks So Perfect" is already close to 10 million views and it was only released in YouTube last Feb. 24th. They have also conquered the UK music hit charts and may even top more as they are now currently touring in various countries in Europe and North America.
Winning the 2014 Kid's Choice Awards for Aussie's Fave Hot New Talent only shows that the group already has a solid fan base, beating the international sensation Lorde. However, even though they are now popular outside their home country, they never fail to thrill their fans as they announce their Australia tour entitled "There is No Place Like Home."
The schedule for their different tours and venues was already announced by the group in their Web site. Tickets are already sold out in some of their "North American Tour" which will start on April 11 in San Francisco, California. The group is even excited as their new single "She Looks So Perfect" will make its debut in American shores, tweeting to the followers "TOMMORROW OUR EP AND SINGLE IS RELEASED IN AMERICA! On a scale of 1 to 5 how excited are you."
They have just started their European tour and the reception of the concertgoers in Sweden has made the boys wanting to go back. "I actually can't believe the support you have shown us today Sweden, you are so amazing we love you do much, can't wait to come back," the group announced their love to their followers in Twitter.
Sweden its soooo good to be here :-) Nice meet ya @NRJSweden @hejdamigmedia !! #5Countries5Days #5sosEuroTripSverige pic.twitter.com/RFDrh7reit — 5 Seconds of Summer (@5SOS) March 31, 2014
TOMORROW OUR EP AND SINGLE IS RELEASED IN AMERICA! On a scale of 1 to 5 how excited are you — 5 Seconds of Summer (@5SOS) March 31, 2014
I actually can't believe the support you have shown us today Sweden, you are so amazing we love you do much, can't wait to come back! — 5 Seconds of Summer (@5SOS) March 31, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate