‘The Voice’ Season 6 (2014) Battles Round 2 Spoilers: Everything to Know About What Happened on Episode 12 Plus Winners and Elimination
By jaskiran kaur | April 1, 2014 1:43 PM EST
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) concluded its first round of the battles last week in Episode 11. The four judges- Shakira, Usher, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine- along with four mentors, mentored the top 48 contestants to get through the four-part battles round part 1. The competition has now narrowed down to top 32 contestants. These contestants will now compete with each other in The Battles Round 2 beginning on March 31. Here is everything to know about the newly introduced round that replaced Knockout Round in NBC's reality singing competition. Also, find out what happened in "The Voice" Season 6 The Battles Round 2- Part 1 Episode 12 in this full recap. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains major spoilers from "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Week 6 The Battles Rounds 2 Part 1 Episode 12 aired on March 31, 2014. Read only if you want to learn more about the episode.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Battles Round 2
Last week saw the end of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Battles Round One. Coach Shakira, Blake Shelton, Usher and Adam Levine selected 32 out of 48 artists to compete in the next round. According to the new format of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) the original knockout rounds will be replaced by The Battles Round 2. Beginning on March 31, the two-part round will see artists from each team paired up against another artist from their own team. Coaches of each team will provide a list of songs to the pairs to choose a song to perform on. For this round, each coach will be allowed to make use of "steal" feature just once. Also, band Coldplay's lead singer Chris Martin will be joining the show as a common mentor to each team, unlike previous round wherein teams had separate celebrity mentors. Read on to find out what happened when Chris Martin joined as a mentor on "The Voice" Season 6 The Battles Round Part 1.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Week 6 The Battles Rounds 2 Part 1 Episode 12: Performance Recap [Spoilers]
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Battles Round 2 kicked off with a performance by artists from Team Blake. Audra McLaughlin was paired with Megan Ruger and they performed "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus.
Next up were artists from Team Usher. T.J. Wilkins battled against Cierra Mickens. Two of them performed "Get Here" by Oleta Adams and were highly praised.
Artists from Team Blake then took over the stage. Jake Worthington was paired up to battle against Tess Boyer. Two of them performed "Have a Little Faith in Me" by John Mayer.
Next up were artists from Team Adam. Christina Grimmie and Sam Behymer were paired together. Both the artists performed "Counting Stars" by One Republic.
Next were artists from Team Shakira. Patrick Thompson war paired up with Josh Murley. Two of them sang "Run to You" by Bryan Adams.
Last to perform on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Battles Round 2 Part 1 were artists from Team Adam. Josh Kaufman and Delvin Choice performed Stevie Wonder's classic "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours."
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Week 6 The Battles Rounds 2 Part 1 Episode 12: Results and Elimination Recap [Spoilers]
Team Adam: Christina Grimmie defeated Sam Behymer and moved on to the next round. Delvin Choice beat Josh Kaufman who was later stolen by Coach Usher.
Team Usher: T.J Wilkins beat Cierra Mickens.
Team Blake: Audra McLaughlin beat Mega Ruger and Jake Worthington beat Tess Boyer. Coach Adam, Shakira and Usher wanted to steal Boyer, but he was ultimately recruited with Team Shakira.
Team Shakira: Patrick Thompson defeated Josh Murley in this round.
In this episode, six battles took place and out of 12 performers, eight were chosen to move on to the next level. "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Battles Round 2 will return on April 1, 2014 with episode 13. So stay tuned to NBC to find out what happened in the second night of The Battles Round 2.
For more spoilers and recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Blind Auditions and Battles Round read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate