Justin Bieber Booed at Juno Awards, Fellow Pop Stars Defend His Achievement
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 1, 2014 12:48 PM EST
Canada's own child Justin Bieber must be sharing a love-hate relation with his native country. It was quite apparent at the Juno Awards. Bieber was awarded the Juno Fan Choice Award at the annual music award ceremony for the fourth consecutive time. On the other hand, a large part of the crowd present at the ceremony booed when his name was announced.
Justin Bieber's Juno Fan Choice Award sits on a chair at the 2014 Juno Awards in Winnipeg March 30, 2014. Bieber did not attend the award show.
Bieber, nevertheless, decided not to attend the award ceremony on Sunday, March 30, in Winnipeg's MTS Center. The Hollywood Reporter said that, on behalf of Bieber, the Olympic women's curling team of Canada received the award. While there was cheer when Bieber's name was announced, there was an equally strong booing at the same time. This is, however, not the first time Bieber was booed at an award ceremony. The audience at the Billboard Music Awards 2013 heckled the 20-year-old singer while he accepted the Milestone Award. Additionally, he was booed multiple times before at sports games as well as his concerts.
Bieber did not miss the opportunity to thank his "beliebers" on the occasion of winning the award for the fourth time in a row. He posted on his official Twitter account and broke the news. In addition, he posted another tweet where he reassured his fans that he would never "leave" them as long as they were "with" him.
We won #JUNOFanChoice for the 4th year in a row! Love to all my beliebers. Thank u. Love u
Even though the audience did not appreciate Bieber much at the show, some of his fellow pop stars spoke favourably about him. Canadian rock duo Tegan and Sara discouraged the public reaction and said that the booing was "not very Canadian," Huffington Post Canada reported. Tegan called Bieber "really talented." She said that she, along with her sister Sara, made "worse mistakes" than Bieber in their life before they became famous."
Musician Serena Ryder, too, was critical about the booing. She said that Bieber was an "amazing musician." She said that Bieber deserved the award as he worked his as* off all his life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports