HTC Butterfly Confirmed to Get Android 4.4 KitKat Between March and April; 13 Expected Features Listed
By Ryan Inoyori | April 1, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Owners of the HTC Butterfly are going to be happy with the confirmation of an upcoming Android 4.4 KitKat update coming soon. HTC confirmed via Facebook that the device is indeed receiving a major firmware update this year, around March to April.
HTC Butterfly Android KitKat
HTC confirmed that HTC Butterfly smartphone will receive an Android 4.4 KitKat this year by replying to an inquiry via Facebook. Owners of the Butterfly smartphone should stay tuned for upcoming news regarding the Android KitKat update expected to be released soon.
HTC Butterfly remains within the 18-month update window period which started in January last year and just finished celebrating its first year anniversary. It currently runs Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean as default OS that can be upgraded to Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean via Firmware Over-the-Air process.
In terms of hardware, HTC seems to find no difficulty or reasons why not include the smartphone on their upgrade plans. It sports quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064 processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, Adreno 320 graphics processor, 2 GB RAM and 5.0-inches screen display with 1080 x 1920 resolution and HTC Sense 5.
However, HTC Butterfly contrasts one thing with Butterfly S on Android 4.4 KitKat update as the smartphone won't receive the new HTC Sense 6.0 UI since it was announced back in December 2012, making it a 2012 series. HTC will only consider Sense 6.0 UI among devices announced in 2013.
Android KitKat Features
HTC One already received Android KitKat firmware and it has received several changes such as new features, new user interface and new services. But some features are also removed by HTC which may or may not be that important to users. Here is the list of HTC Android KitKat features compiled by Pocket-lint.
1. Updated user interface from HTC Sense 5.0 to Sense 5.5
2. Optional selection of home launcher won't be available
3. Transparent notifications bar
4. Simpler white icons
5. Choose default SMS/MMS application between Google Hangouts and HTC Messages
6. Removal of Adobe Flash support from the device
7. Cloud Print support becomes native on the smartphone
8. Updates on several Google services and applications
9. More Bluetooth profiles support and various added enhancements
10. Tap and Pay feature now supported on the NFC connectivity
11. System optimisations
12. Various bug fixes
13. Improvements to the battery life
As of now, HTC cannot exactly confirm when will Android KitKat update be released for HTC Butterfly but it is now currently under testing and only hinted expected release date between March to April 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen