HTC Butterfly Confirmed to Get Android 4.4 KitKat Between March and April; 13 Expected Features Listed
By Ryan Inoyori | April 1, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Owners of the HTC Butterfly are going to be happy with the confirmation of an upcoming Android 4.4 KitKat update coming soon. HTC confirmed via Facebook that the device is indeed receiving a major firmware update this year, around March to April.
HTC Butterfly Android KitKat
HTC confirmed that HTC Butterfly smartphone will receive an Android 4.4 KitKat this year by replying to an inquiry via Facebook. Owners of the Butterfly smartphone should stay tuned for upcoming news regarding the Android KitKat update expected to be released soon.
HTC Butterfly remains within the 18-month update window period which started in January last year and just finished celebrating its first year anniversary. It currently runs Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean as default OS that can be upgraded to Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean via Firmware Over-the-Air process.
In terms of hardware, HTC seems to find no difficulty or reasons why not include the smartphone on their upgrade plans. It sports quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064 processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, Adreno 320 graphics processor, 2 GB RAM and 5.0-inches screen display with 1080 x 1920 resolution and HTC Sense 5.
However, HTC Butterfly contrasts one thing with Butterfly S on Android 4.4 KitKat update as the smartphone won't receive the new HTC Sense 6.0 UI since it was announced back in December 2012, making it a 2012 series. HTC will only consider Sense 6.0 UI among devices announced in 2013.
Android KitKat Features
HTC One already received Android KitKat firmware and it has received several changes such as new features, new user interface and new services. But some features are also removed by HTC which may or may not be that important to users. Here is the list of HTC Android KitKat features compiled by Pocket-lint.
1. Updated user interface from HTC Sense 5.0 to Sense 5.5
2. Optional selection of home launcher won't be available
3. Transparent notifications bar
4. Simpler white icons
5. Choose default SMS/MMS application between Google Hangouts and HTC Messages
6. Removal of Adobe Flash support from the device
7. Cloud Print support becomes native on the smartphone
8. Updates on several Google services and applications
9. More Bluetooth profiles support and various added enhancements
10. Tap and Pay feature now supported on the NFC connectivity
11. System optimisations
12. Various bug fixes
13. Improvements to the battery life
As of now, HTC cannot exactly confirm when will Android KitKat update be released for HTC Butterfly but it is now currently under testing and only hinted expected release date between March to April 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff