HTC Butterfly Confirmed to Get Android 4.4 KitKat Between March and April; 13 Expected Features Listed
By Ryan Inoyori | April 1, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Owners of the HTC Butterfly are going to be happy with the confirmation of an upcoming Android 4.4 KitKat update coming soon. HTC confirmed via Facebook that the device is indeed receiving a major firmware update this year, around March to April.
HTC Butterfly Android KitKat
HTC confirmed that HTC Butterfly smartphone will receive an Android 4.4 KitKat this year by replying to an inquiry via Facebook. Owners of the Butterfly smartphone should stay tuned for upcoming news regarding the Android KitKat update expected to be released soon.
HTC Butterfly remains within the 18-month update window period which started in January last year and just finished celebrating its first year anniversary. It currently runs Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean as default OS that can be upgraded to Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean via Firmware Over-the-Air process.
In terms of hardware, HTC seems to find no difficulty or reasons why not include the smartphone on their upgrade plans. It sports quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064 processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, Adreno 320 graphics processor, 2 GB RAM and 5.0-inches screen display with 1080 x 1920 resolution and HTC Sense 5.
However, HTC Butterfly contrasts one thing with Butterfly S on Android 4.4 KitKat update as the smartphone won't receive the new HTC Sense 6.0 UI since it was announced back in December 2012, making it a 2012 series. HTC will only consider Sense 6.0 UI among devices announced in 2013.
Android KitKat Features
HTC One already received Android KitKat firmware and it has received several changes such as new features, new user interface and new services. But some features are also removed by HTC which may or may not be that important to users. Here is the list of HTC Android KitKat features compiled by Pocket-lint.
1. Updated user interface from HTC Sense 5.0 to Sense 5.5
2. Optional selection of home launcher won't be available
3. Transparent notifications bar
4. Simpler white icons
5. Choose default SMS/MMS application between Google Hangouts and HTC Messages
6. Removal of Adobe Flash support from the device
7. Cloud Print support becomes native on the smartphone
8. Updates on several Google services and applications
9. More Bluetooth profiles support and various added enhancements
10. Tap and Pay feature now supported on the NFC connectivity
11. System optimisations
12. Various bug fixes
13. Improvements to the battery life
As of now, HTC cannot exactly confirm when will Android KitKat update be released for HTC Butterfly but it is now currently under testing and only hinted expected release date between March to April 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales