Rare Picture of Young Grigor Dimitrov with Maria Sharapova, How the Top-Ranked Bulgarian Athlete Grown from Being a Fan to Being Her Love Interest
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 1, 2014 12:26 PM EST
A rare photo of a young Grigor Dimitrov with Maria Sharapova was posted on the popular social networking Web site Twitter on March 25.
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria gives the thumbs up after defeating Michael Llodra of France in their opening round match at the Paris Masters men's singles tennis tournament at the Palais Omnisports of Bercy in Paris, October 29, 2013. Credit: Reuters/Charles Platiau
It is amazing how Dimitrov had grown from a young boy a fine man and who he is today. As the caption reads, Dimitrov had clearly transformed from a young boy to Sharapova's love interest.
Dmitrov and Sharapova's love story is not known to many. Whether or not Dimitrov had gone through the traditional courting, only the couple really knows.
Before he got into a relationship with the Russian athlete, Dimitrov was rumoured to have dated Sharapova's long-time rival Serena Williams after the two were spotted having dinner in Paris. However, the rumour died down and neither Dimitrov nor Williams confirmed if they really became a couple.
Dimitrov became another element that has furthered sparked the rivals between Sharapova and Williams. However, Sharapova won this time against Williams, who currently lead their head-to-head tally, when she and Dimitrov officially became a couple in May 2013.
After nearly a year of being together, Dimitrov and Sharapova seem to be just enjoying their romantic relationship. It is still a long way to go, but it is also a good thing that the two of them are in sync with each other.
"Things are going very good, we have a really good balance together," Dimitrov said. "Indeed, it's nice to spend some time together, especially if we have a day off or half a day off, catch up and go to some great restaurants," he added.
Even though Sharapova has already made her name in the world of tennis, she has always taken a point herself to show support to Dimitrov, who is also slowly making his way up the world rankings too. Sharapova never hesitated to share and give good advice to the Bulgarian athlete, and her words of wisdom are probably effective because ever since they have been together, Dimitrov has been playing amazing tennis.
If Dimitrov was a fan of Sharapova long before they got together, then he is definitely living a fan's dream.
MORE NEWS ON TENNIS STARS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles