Rare Picture of Young Grigor Dimitrov with Maria Sharapova, How the Top-Ranked Bulgarian Athlete Grown from Being a Fan to Being Her Love Interest
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 1, 2014 12:26 PM EST
A rare photo of a young Grigor Dimitrov with Maria Sharapova was posted on the popular social networking Web site Twitter on March 25.
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria gives the thumbs up after defeating Michael Llodra of France in their opening round match at the Paris Masters men's singles tennis tournament at the Palais Omnisports of Bercy in Paris, October 29, 2013. Credit: Reuters/Charles Platiau
It is amazing how Dimitrov had grown from a young boy a fine man and who he is today. As the caption reads, Dimitrov had clearly transformed from a young boy to Sharapova's love interest.
Dmitrov and Sharapova's love story is not known to many. Whether or not Dimitrov had gone through the traditional courting, only the couple really knows.
Before he got into a relationship with the Russian athlete, Dimitrov was rumoured to have dated Sharapova's long-time rival Serena Williams after the two were spotted having dinner in Paris. However, the rumour died down and neither Dimitrov nor Williams confirmed if they really became a couple.
Dimitrov became another element that has furthered sparked the rivals between Sharapova and Williams. However, Sharapova won this time against Williams, who currently lead their head-to-head tally, when she and Dimitrov officially became a couple in May 2013.
After nearly a year of being together, Dimitrov and Sharapova seem to be just enjoying their romantic relationship. It is still a long way to go, but it is also a good thing that the two of them are in sync with each other.
"Things are going very good, we have a really good balance together," Dimitrov said. "Indeed, it's nice to spend some time together, especially if we have a day off or half a day off, catch up and go to some great restaurants," he added.
Even though Sharapova has already made her name in the world of tennis, she has always taken a point herself to show support to Dimitrov, who is also slowly making his way up the world rankings too. Sharapova never hesitated to share and give good advice to the Bulgarian athlete, and her words of wisdom are probably effective because ever since they have been together, Dimitrov has been playing amazing tennis.
If Dimitrov was a fan of Sharapova long before they got together, then he is definitely living a fan's dream.
MORE NEWS ON TENNIS STARS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million