Rare Picture of Young Grigor Dimitrov with Maria Sharapova, How the Top-Ranked Bulgarian Athlete Grown from Being a Fan to Being Her Love Interest
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 1, 2014 12:26 PM EST
A rare photo of a young Grigor Dimitrov with Maria Sharapova was posted on the popular social networking Web site Twitter on March 25.
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria gives the thumbs up after defeating Michael Llodra of France in their opening round match at the Paris Masters men's singles tennis tournament at the Palais Omnisports of Bercy in Paris, October 29, 2013. Credit: Reuters/Charles Platiau
It is amazing how Dimitrov had grown from a young boy a fine man and who he is today. As the caption reads, Dimitrov had clearly transformed from a young boy to Sharapova's love interest.
Dmitrov and Sharapova's love story is not known to many. Whether or not Dimitrov had gone through the traditional courting, only the couple really knows.
Before he got into a relationship with the Russian athlete, Dimitrov was rumoured to have dated Sharapova's long-time rival Serena Williams after the two were spotted having dinner in Paris. However, the rumour died down and neither Dimitrov nor Williams confirmed if they really became a couple.
Dimitrov became another element that has furthered sparked the rivals between Sharapova and Williams. However, Sharapova won this time against Williams, who currently lead their head-to-head tally, when she and Dimitrov officially became a couple in May 2013.
After nearly a year of being together, Dimitrov and Sharapova seem to be just enjoying their romantic relationship. It is still a long way to go, but it is also a good thing that the two of them are in sync with each other.
"Things are going very good, we have a really good balance together," Dimitrov said. "Indeed, it's nice to spend some time together, especially if we have a day off or half a day off, catch up and go to some great restaurants," he added.
Even though Sharapova has already made her name in the world of tennis, she has always taken a point herself to show support to Dimitrov, who is also slowly making his way up the world rankings too. Sharapova never hesitated to share and give good advice to the Bulgarian athlete, and her words of wisdom are probably effective because ever since they have been together, Dimitrov has been playing amazing tennis.
If Dimitrov was a fan of Sharapova long before they got together, then he is definitely living a fan's dream.
MORE NEWS ON TENNIS STARS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports