Rare Picture of Young Grigor Dimitrov with Maria Sharapova, How the Top-Ranked Bulgarian Athlete Grown from Being a Fan to Being Her Love Interest
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 1, 2014 12:26 PM EST
A rare photo of a young Grigor Dimitrov with Maria Sharapova was posted on the popular social networking Web site Twitter on March 25.
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria gives the thumbs up after defeating Michael Llodra of France in their opening round match at the Paris Masters men's singles tennis tournament at the Palais Omnisports of Bercy in Paris, October 29, 2013. Credit: Reuters/Charles Platiau
It is amazing how Dimitrov had grown from a young boy a fine man and who he is today. As the caption reads, Dimitrov had clearly transformed from a young boy to Sharapova's love interest.
Dmitrov and Sharapova's love story is not known to many. Whether or not Dimitrov had gone through the traditional courting, only the couple really knows.
Before he got into a relationship with the Russian athlete, Dimitrov was rumoured to have dated Sharapova's long-time rival Serena Williams after the two were spotted having dinner in Paris. However, the rumour died down and neither Dimitrov nor Williams confirmed if they really became a couple.
Dimitrov became another element that has furthered sparked the rivals between Sharapova and Williams. However, Sharapova won this time against Williams, who currently lead their head-to-head tally, when she and Dimitrov officially became a couple in May 2013.
After nearly a year of being together, Dimitrov and Sharapova seem to be just enjoying their romantic relationship. It is still a long way to go, but it is also a good thing that the two of them are in sync with each other.
"Things are going very good, we have a really good balance together," Dimitrov said. "Indeed, it's nice to spend some time together, especially if we have a day off or half a day off, catch up and go to some great restaurants," he added.
Even though Sharapova has already made her name in the world of tennis, she has always taken a point herself to show support to Dimitrov, who is also slowly making his way up the world rankings too. Sharapova never hesitated to share and give good advice to the Bulgarian athlete, and her words of wisdom are probably effective because ever since they have been together, Dimitrov has been playing amazing tennis.
If Dimitrov was a fan of Sharapova long before they got together, then he is definitely living a fan's dream.
MORE NEWS ON TENNIS STARS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks