Rare Picture of Young Grigor Dimitrov with Maria Sharapova, How the Top-Ranked Bulgarian Athlete Grown from Being a Fan to Being Her Love Interest
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 1, 2014 12:26 PM EST
A rare photo of a young Grigor Dimitrov with Maria Sharapova was posted on the popular social networking Web site Twitter on March 25.
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria gives the thumbs up after defeating Michael Llodra of France in their opening round match at the Paris Masters men's singles tennis tournament at the Palais Omnisports of Bercy in Paris, October 29, 2013. Credit: Reuters/Charles Platiau
It is amazing how Dimitrov had grown from a young boy a fine man and who he is today. As the caption reads, Dimitrov had clearly transformed from a young boy to Sharapova's love interest.
Dmitrov and Sharapova's love story is not known to many. Whether or not Dimitrov had gone through the traditional courting, only the couple really knows.
Before he got into a relationship with the Russian athlete, Dimitrov was rumoured to have dated Sharapova's long-time rival Serena Williams after the two were spotted having dinner in Paris. However, the rumour died down and neither Dimitrov nor Williams confirmed if they really became a couple.
Dimitrov became another element that has furthered sparked the rivals between Sharapova and Williams. However, Sharapova won this time against Williams, who currently lead their head-to-head tally, when she and Dimitrov officially became a couple in May 2013.
After nearly a year of being together, Dimitrov and Sharapova seem to be just enjoying their romantic relationship. It is still a long way to go, but it is also a good thing that the two of them are in sync with each other.
"Things are going very good, we have a really good balance together," Dimitrov said. "Indeed, it's nice to spend some time together, especially if we have a day off or half a day off, catch up and go to some great restaurants," he added.
Even though Sharapova has already made her name in the world of tennis, she has always taken a point herself to show support to Dimitrov, who is also slowly making his way up the world rankings too. Sharapova never hesitated to share and give good advice to the Bulgarian athlete, and her words of wisdom are probably effective because ever since they have been together, Dimitrov has been playing amazing tennis.
If Dimitrov was a fan of Sharapova long before they got together, then he is definitely living a fan's dream.
MORE NEWS ON TENNIS STARS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast