'Little Mermaid' Casting Rumours: 'Noah' Star Emma Watson Speaks Up on 'Ariel' Movie Role
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 1, 2014 12:03 PM EST
"Noah" star Emma Watson will not be leaving the rumours circle yet. On the Nov 27 movie premiere of "Noah," which had received several nasty comments even before its release, the actress is yet again making headlines, as casting rumours for "The Little Mermaid" continues to baffle fans.
Cast member Emma Watson attends the U.S. premiere of "Noah" in New York, March 26, 2014.
Days after Deadline exclusively reported that Sofia Coppola is under negotiation with directing the Hans Christian Anderson's original story "The Little Mermaid" for Universal Pictures and Working Title partners Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner, the January 2014 rumours of "Harry Potter" stars Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe as part of the cast grace the Web, again.
Watson had already worked with Coppola in a movie called "The Bling Ring," which according to the IMDb Web site is a movie "inspired by actual events" where teenagers obsessed with popularity turned to robbers of celebrity homes.
During the premiere of the biblical film "Noah" on March 26 in New York, several media outlets caught up with Watson. But one media outlet specifically addressed the casting rumours about the star playing the role of Ariel in "The Little Mermaid."
The 23-year-old actress already denied the casting rumours before in previous reports, but during Variety's interview, Watson admitted that she had dressed up as Ariel on her fifth birthday.
"I mean I'd have to read it first," Watson told Variety regarding the movie script. "I love Sofia [Coppola] so much."
As soon as Watson gave her speech, speculations quickly built up around the Web. Will she really be playing Ariel? Emma Watson had been constantly gracing the headlines recently, following the making of her latest movie "Noah."
With around 12.6 million followers on Twitter, Watson has become one of Hollywood's "It Girls." VH1 actually considers Watson as "atop" their list of "dream best friends," following her role as Hermione Granger in the famous movie series "Harry Potter."
Despite the bad publicity that the media had been giving "Noah" stars, Watson still believes in the true essence of the movie. In one of her tweets on Twitter through #AskEmma, the actress shared that Noah is not just a movie with action but it also has a good storyline.
.@beccdrew To me Noah has action but at its heart its an intimate family drama.
— Emma Watson (@EmWatson) March 21, 2014
There are no words yet as to whether Emma Watson will really be playing "Ariel." Nevertheless, fans and most media outlets are clinging to the idea that the actress might be billed for the role.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World