'Little Mermaid' Casting Rumours: 'Noah' Star Emma Watson Speaks Up on 'Ariel' Movie Role
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 1, 2014 12:03 PM EST
"Noah" star Emma Watson will not be leaving the rumours circle yet. On the Nov 27 movie premiere of "Noah," which had received several nasty comments even before its release, the actress is yet again making headlines, as casting rumours for "The Little Mermaid" continues to baffle fans.
Cast member Emma Watson attends the U.S. premiere of "Noah" in New York, March 26, 2014.
Days after Deadline exclusively reported that Sofia Coppola is under negotiation with directing the Hans Christian Anderson's original story "The Little Mermaid" for Universal Pictures and Working Title partners Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner, the January 2014 rumours of "Harry Potter" stars Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe as part of the cast grace the Web, again.
Watson had already worked with Coppola in a movie called "The Bling Ring," which according to the IMDb Web site is a movie "inspired by actual events" where teenagers obsessed with popularity turned to robbers of celebrity homes.
During the premiere of the biblical film "Noah" on March 26 in New York, several media outlets caught up with Watson. But one media outlet specifically addressed the casting rumours about the star playing the role of Ariel in "The Little Mermaid."
The 23-year-old actress already denied the casting rumours before in previous reports, but during Variety's interview, Watson admitted that she had dressed up as Ariel on her fifth birthday.
"I mean I'd have to read it first," Watson told Variety regarding the movie script. "I love Sofia [Coppola] so much."
As soon as Watson gave her speech, speculations quickly built up around the Web. Will she really be playing Ariel? Emma Watson had been constantly gracing the headlines recently, following the making of her latest movie "Noah."
With around 12.6 million followers on Twitter, Watson has become one of Hollywood's "It Girls." VH1 actually considers Watson as "atop" their list of "dream best friends," following her role as Hermione Granger in the famous movie series "Harry Potter."
Despite the bad publicity that the media had been giving "Noah" stars, Watson still believes in the true essence of the movie. In one of her tweets on Twitter through #AskEmma, the actress shared that Noah is not just a movie with action but it also has a good storyline.
.@beccdrew To me Noah has action but at its heart its an intimate family drama.
— Emma Watson (@EmWatson) March 21, 2014
There are no words yet as to whether Emma Watson will really be playing "Ariel." Nevertheless, fans and most media outlets are clinging to the idea that the actress might be billed for the role.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks