Qantas Courts SMEs via Acquire Corporate Loyalty Programme After Cutting Points of Frequent Flyers
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 1, 2014 10:33 AM EST
Embattled national flag carrier Qantas is courting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to help the company recover financially by launching on Monday the Acquire corporate loyalty programme.
Australia's competition watchdog, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), has on Thursday awarded a conditional approval to the partnership of Qantas Airways with Emirates as the former reclaims its fading glory in the global airline industry.
Under the scheme, SMEs could earn rewards while doing their daily business transactions with the Flying Roo.
However, such benefits would appear to come at the expense of Frequent Flyers whose reward points system was amended in favour of the air carrier and 5,000 employees who would lose their jobs within the next three years.
The everyday SME transactions would include travel, banking, insurance and parking through points given by Qantas's programme partners such as Westpac, Deloitte Private and GIO. However, Qantas Loyalty CEO Lesley Grant did not provide sufficient details on how the tangible benefits programme would work, although the scheme was recommended by New South Wales Business Chamber CEO Stephen Cartwright because it would provide support for 2 million SMEs in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family