Qantas Courts SMEs via Acquire Corporate Loyalty Programme After Cutting Points of Frequent Flyers
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 1, 2014 10:33 AM EST
Embattled national flag carrier Qantas is courting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to help the company recover financially by launching on Monday the Acquire corporate loyalty programme.
Australia's competition watchdog, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), has on Thursday awarded a conditional approval to the partnership of Qantas Airways with Emirates as the former reclaims its fading glory in the global airline industry.
Under the scheme, SMEs could earn rewards while doing their daily business transactions with the Flying Roo.
However, such benefits would appear to come at the expense of Frequent Flyers whose reward points system was amended in favour of the air carrier and 5,000 employees who would lose their jobs within the next three years.
The everyday SME transactions would include travel, banking, insurance and parking through points given by Qantas's programme partners such as Westpac, Deloitte Private and GIO. However, Qantas Loyalty CEO Lesley Grant did not provide sufficient details on how the tangible benefits programme would work, although the scheme was recommended by New South Wales Business Chamber CEO Stephen Cartwright because it would provide support for 2 million SMEs in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports