Qantas Courts SMEs via Acquire Corporate Loyalty Programme After Cutting Points of Frequent Flyers
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 1, 2014 10:33 AM EST
Embattled national flag carrier Qantas is courting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to help the company recover financially by launching on Monday the Acquire corporate loyalty programme.
Australia's competition watchdog, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), has on Thursday awarded a conditional approval to the partnership of Qantas Airways with Emirates as the former reclaims its fading glory in the global airline industry.
Under the scheme, SMEs could earn rewards while doing their daily business transactions with the Flying Roo.
However, such benefits would appear to come at the expense of Frequent Flyers whose reward points system was amended in favour of the air carrier and 5,000 employees who would lose their jobs within the next three years.
The everyday SME transactions would include travel, banking, insurance and parking through points given by Qantas's programme partners such as Westpac, Deloitte Private and GIO. However, Qantas Loyalty CEO Lesley Grant did not provide sufficient details on how the tangible benefits programme would work, although the scheme was recommended by New South Wales Business Chamber CEO Stephen Cartwright because it would provide support for 2 million SMEs in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon