Qantas Courts SMEs via Acquire Corporate Loyalty Programme After Cutting Points of Frequent Flyers
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 1, 2014 10:33 AM EST
Embattled national flag carrier Qantas is courting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to help the company recover financially by launching on Monday the Acquire corporate loyalty programme.
Australia's competition watchdog, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), has on Thursday awarded a conditional approval to the partnership of Qantas Airways with Emirates as the former reclaims its fading glory in the global airline industry.
Under the scheme, SMEs could earn rewards while doing their daily business transactions with the Flying Roo.
However, such benefits would appear to come at the expense of Frequent Flyers whose reward points system was amended in favour of the air carrier and 5,000 employees who would lose their jobs within the next three years.
The everyday SME transactions would include travel, banking, insurance and parking through points given by Qantas's programme partners such as Westpac, Deloitte Private and GIO. However, Qantas Loyalty CEO Lesley Grant did not provide sufficient details on how the tangible benefits programme would work, although the scheme was recommended by New South Wales Business Chamber CEO Stephen Cartwright because it would provide support for 2 million SMEs in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories