NBA Preview: Toronto Raptors vs. Miami Heat Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | April 1, 2014 7:25 AM EST
Despite being the division leaders, no one is taking the Toronto Raptors seriously as East contenders. The Canadian franchise have an opportunity to prove the doubters wrong if they can beat the defending champions Miami Heat on Monday night at AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, Florida.
NBA: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers
The Raptors (42-31) are the current leaders in the Atlantic Division with nearest rival Brooklyn Nets (39-33) just two and a half games behind. The Miami Heat (50-22) are chasing the Indiana Pacers (52-22) for the East’s top spot.
It will be a tough task for Toronto, which has lost 14 straight to Miami. But they could take advantage of a short-handed Heat squad that will be playing without Dwyane Wade (sore left hamstring), Mario Chalmers (bruised quad) and Greg Oden (back spasms).
This is the fourth and final meeting between the two teams as the Heat went 3-0 against Toronto this season. LeBron James is averaging 30.7 points per game on 63.6 per cent field goal shooting against the Raptors.
Both squads are coming off wins against lottery-bound teams. The Heat beat the Milwaukee Bucks, 88-67 led by Chris Bosh who had 14 points and 5 rebounds in just 26 minutes. The Raptors defeated the Orlando Magic, 98-93 with major contributions from Jonas Valanciunas (20 points and 9 rebounds), DeMar Derozan (28 points) and Kyle Lowry (16 points and 4 assists).
Watch the Raptors-Heat match-up via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (+5.5) vs. Miami Heat (O/U: 192.5)
Game time: 10:30 AEDT
Betting Against the Spread
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Southeast division teams
- The Raptors are 19-8-1 ATS in their last 28 games on the road
- The Raptors are 20-9-1 ATS in their last 30 games vs. East teams
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
- The Heat are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games vs. the Raptors in Miami
- The Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Raptors
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge