NBA Preview: San Antonio Spurs vs. Indiana Pacers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | April 1, 2014 7:03 AM EST
The San Antonio Spurs are in control of the league with the best record in the NBA. The Indiana Pacers are losing their hold on the East’s top spot. The conference’s best meet on Monday night at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.
NBA: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers
The Spurs have won 17 straight and haven’t lost since February 21 to the Phoenix Suns. Meanwhile, the Pacers are a subpar 8-9 for the month of March. San Antonio has a league-best 57-16 win-loss card-- three games ahead of nearest rival Oklahoma City Thunder (54-19).
San Antonio’s streak is even more impressive if the margin of victory is considered. The Spurs win ballgames by an average of 16.0 points per game and the closest any opponent ever got was at five points in a 108-103 win over Denver on March 26. San Antonio also averaged 111.8 PPG during this stretch.
Conversely, Indiana’s struggle has been on offense. Over the last five games, the Pacers just score 77.2 PPG as Indiana’s key players have struggled all month long. Because of the recent drop, the Miami Heat (50-22) are now just one game behind the Pacers (52-22) for the East’s top seed.
The Spurs are coming off a 96-80 win versus the New Orleans Pelicans led by Marco Belinelli’s 18 points. Tim Duncan had 12 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 blocked shots while Manu Ginobili scored 15 markers and added 3 steals off the bench.
Meanwhile the Pacers have lost four of their last five outings. The last one was a 90-76 loss versus the Cleveland Cavaliers. As a team, Indiana shot just 37.2 per cent from the field (29/78 FG). Paul George had 15 points but missed 8 of 13 shots while David West had 14 markers missing 10 of 16 from the field.
Betting Lines: San Antonio Spurs (-4.5) vs. Indiana Pacers (188.0)
Game time: 10:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The Spurs are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 games
- The Spurs are 50-24-1 ATS in their last 75 games vs. East teams
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 4-21-1 ATS in their last 26 games
- The Pacers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- The Pacers are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Marcos Maidana Heavily Praised By Mexican Boxing Legends
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Verizon on Nationwide Launch of VoLTE
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine