'The Good Wife' Season 5: Will Gardner's Death Followed by Heart Wrenching Episode; Top 4 Moments from 'The Last Call'
By Sonam Malik | April 1, 2014 12:07 AM EST
"The Good Wife" had a historical moment by killing one of the lead characters Will Gardener (Josh Charles) in an open courtroom. The death came as a shock to the viewers, as Gardener has been a prime character of the CBS drama. Yesterday CBS aired the much-awaited episode after Gardner is killed by one of his clients. Let's take a look at one of the most compelling moments from the show.
The Good Wife
Kalinda Informs Alicia About Gardner's Death: "The Last Call" picked up from Kalinda informing Alicia about Garnder's sudden death. As expected Alicia is shocked to hear the news and in a heart wrenching voice she tells Kalinda, "But - I just saw him yesterday."
Later Alicia is seen with Diane at Lockhart Gardner law offices where she realizes Jeffery Grant who killed Gardner was suppose to be her client.
Alicia listens to Will's last voicemail before death: Alicia is looking to reconnect with Gardner and she frantically searches for a voicemail, which she received from Gardner. She listens to the voicemail, which starts as "Alicia". Then she hears Gardener telling the Judge, "Hold on, your honor." Then the message ends with: "I'll call you back."
Diana's Ice Cold Attitude: The only person who is able to relate to Alicia's grief is Diana Lockhart, Gardner's law firm partner and closest ally. She looks at the empty office of Gardner and begins to melt down. However, she composes herself and tries to find a way to move on. In her moment of perplex, sadness and grief, Lockhart fires an intern. She tell her, "Are you done? Are you done crying?" Diane icily asks. "Get your things and go home. Take your things from your desk, leave here, go home and never come back. "
Kalinda Investigates: Kalinda desperately wants to know what happened in the courtroom and how Gardener was killed. She goes into investigator mode and tries to know how Gardener was shot in the open courtroom.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop