'The Good Wife' Season 5: Will Gardner's Death Followed by Heart Wrenching Episode; Top 4 Moments from 'The Last Call'
By Sonam Malik | April 1, 2014 12:07 AM EST
"The Good Wife" had a historical moment by killing one of the lead characters Will Gardener (Josh Charles) in an open courtroom. The death came as a shock to the viewers, as Gardener has been a prime character of the CBS drama. Yesterday CBS aired the much-awaited episode after Gardner is killed by one of his clients. Let's take a look at one of the most compelling moments from the show.
The Good Wife
Kalinda Informs Alicia About Gardner's Death: "The Last Call" picked up from Kalinda informing Alicia about Garnder's sudden death. As expected Alicia is shocked to hear the news and in a heart wrenching voice she tells Kalinda, "But - I just saw him yesterday."
Later Alicia is seen with Diane at Lockhart Gardner law offices where she realizes Jeffery Grant who killed Gardner was suppose to be her client.
Alicia listens to Will's last voicemail before death: Alicia is looking to reconnect with Gardner and she frantically searches for a voicemail, which she received from Gardner. She listens to the voicemail, which starts as "Alicia". Then she hears Gardener telling the Judge, "Hold on, your honor." Then the message ends with: "I'll call you back."
Diana's Ice Cold Attitude: The only person who is able to relate to Alicia's grief is Diana Lockhart, Gardner's law firm partner and closest ally. She looks at the empty office of Gardner and begins to melt down. However, she composes herself and tries to find a way to move on. In her moment of perplex, sadness and grief, Lockhart fires an intern. She tell her, "Are you done? Are you done crying?" Diane icily asks. "Get your things and go home. Take your things from your desk, leave here, go home and never come back. "
Kalinda Investigates: Kalinda desperately wants to know what happened in the courtroom and how Gardener was killed. She goes into investigator mode and tries to know how Gardener was shot in the open courtroom.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet