Samsung Galaxy S5 Copper Gold Variant Release Soon in UK: Top Features to Expect
By Precious Silva | March 31, 2014 11:14 PM EST
Samsung released its latest flagship phone back at the Mobile World Congress. The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be hitting stores worldwide around April 11. Whereas the rest of the specs have been revealed, it is only until recently that reports suggest that there could be a copper gold variant coming. Pre order started last March 28. What regions can get the gold variant?
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
The Samsung Galaxy S5 gold variant will be available exclusive through Vodafone Social starting March 28. According to a post by Vodafone, James White, Samsung Mobile's Head of IM Strategy & Mobile Product Marketing, shares why the company pursued such design and variant.
"I think design is still one of the most important purchase decision-makers that we hear from our consumers," Mr White noted.
"We've evolved the design with the Galaxy S5 so that it follows on naturally from the Galaxy S4 but, we've also introduced some new elements.
"We've focussed on a 'modern glam' look for our design inspiration for the new Galaxy S5. That's represented in the four colours we've got available, as well as the introduction of texture.
"One of the key things for us is about not only delivering a product that's beautiful and has the best design we can possibly deliver, it also needs to be functional. I think that's one of the big learnings with the Galaxy S5: we've got a stunningly designed product that's also really functional. It's IP67 rated - meaning water and dust resistant - and it's much more 'life-proof' than ever before, which we know is important for our consumers." He added.
People can check with Vodafone how to get the device. The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with the following features:
Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.1 inches (~432 ppi pixel density)
- 16 MP, 5312 x 2988 pixels, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
- Adreno 330
- Wireless charging (market dependent)
- ANT+ support
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- Smart stay, Smart pause, Smart scroll
- Air gestures
- Dropbox (50 GB cloud storage)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- TV-out (via MHL 2 A/V link)
- SNS integration
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones