Arsenal FC News: Wenger Believes ‘Courage’ was Key to City Draw
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 31, 2014 11:06 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes that "courage" determined his side's fate against Manchester City on Saturday, wherein they were able to fight back and secure a 1-1 draw after conceding a goal in the first-half.
It’s a real courage, still to be available when you are insecure, to want the ball when your confidence is not there." Arsene Wenger
"It's a real courage, still to be available when you are insecure, to want the ball when your confidence is not there," Wenger told The Telegraph.
"We have shown we can fight, that we can be united and we can respond to adversity."
The Gunners were going through the lowest point of their campaign before the fixture against City as Chelsea handed them a 6-0 shellacking, while wasting an impending win against Swansea with a Mathieu Flamini own-goal in injury time.
Nevertheless, the French tactician was pleased with how his men performed in front of the home-crowd, which was a test of character for them.
"We have leaders. We have gone through an absolute nightmare, we have gone through a storm. It is difficult to protect the players from that. The critics come very quick, fast, very hard. The only way you deal with it is to respond in the next game like we did," he added.
"You go through a nightmare at Chelsea where you think you have not even a chance to play the game. On top of that, in the last second, we score an own goal in the game after. It has been very bad and as well very positive because it is always an opportunity to show you have mental strength."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge