Arsenal FC News: Wenger Believes ‘Courage’ was Key to City Draw
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 31, 2014 11:06 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes that "courage" determined his side's fate against Manchester City on Saturday, wherein they were able to fight back and secure a 1-1 draw after conceding a goal in the first-half.
It’s a real courage, still to be available when you are insecure, to want the ball when your confidence is not there." Arsene Wenger
"It's a real courage, still to be available when you are insecure, to want the ball when your confidence is not there," Wenger told The Telegraph.
"We have shown we can fight, that we can be united and we can respond to adversity."
The Gunners were going through the lowest point of their campaign before the fixture against City as Chelsea handed them a 6-0 shellacking, while wasting an impending win against Swansea with a Mathieu Flamini own-goal in injury time.
Nevertheless, the French tactician was pleased with how his men performed in front of the home-crowd, which was a test of character for them.
"We have leaders. We have gone through an absolute nightmare, we have gone through a storm. It is difficult to protect the players from that. The critics come very quick, fast, very hard. The only way you deal with it is to respond in the next game like we did," he added.
"You go through a nightmare at Chelsea where you think you have not even a chance to play the game. On top of that, in the last second, we score an own goal in the game after. It has been very bad and as well very positive because it is always an opportunity to show you have mental strength."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’