Arsenal FC News: Wenger Believes ‘Courage’ was Key to City Draw
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 31, 2014 11:06 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes that "courage" determined his side's fate against Manchester City on Saturday, wherein they were able to fight back and secure a 1-1 draw after conceding a goal in the first-half.
It’s a real courage, still to be available when you are insecure, to want the ball when your confidence is not there." Arsene Wenger
"It's a real courage, still to be available when you are insecure, to want the ball when your confidence is not there," Wenger told The Telegraph.
"We have shown we can fight, that we can be united and we can respond to adversity."
The Gunners were going through the lowest point of their campaign before the fixture against City as Chelsea handed them a 6-0 shellacking, while wasting an impending win against Swansea with a Mathieu Flamini own-goal in injury time.
Nevertheless, the French tactician was pleased with how his men performed in front of the home-crowd, which was a test of character for them.
"We have leaders. We have gone through an absolute nightmare, we have gone through a storm. It is difficult to protect the players from that. The critics come very quick, fast, very hard. The only way you deal with it is to respond in the next game like we did," he added.
"You go through a nightmare at Chelsea where you think you have not even a chance to play the game. On top of that, in the last second, we score an own goal in the game after. It has been very bad and as well very positive because it is always an opportunity to show you have mental strength."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build