Arsenal FC News: Wenger Believes ‘Courage’ was Key to City Draw
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 31, 2014 11:06 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes that "courage" determined his side's fate against Manchester City on Saturday, wherein they were able to fight back and secure a 1-1 draw after conceding a goal in the first-half.
It’s a real courage, still to be available when you are insecure, to want the ball when your confidence is not there." Arsene Wenger
"It's a real courage, still to be available when you are insecure, to want the ball when your confidence is not there," Wenger told The Telegraph.
"We have shown we can fight, that we can be united and we can respond to adversity."
The Gunners were going through the lowest point of their campaign before the fixture against City as Chelsea handed them a 6-0 shellacking, while wasting an impending win against Swansea with a Mathieu Flamini own-goal in injury time.
Nevertheless, the French tactician was pleased with how his men performed in front of the home-crowd, which was a test of character for them.
"We have leaders. We have gone through an absolute nightmare, we have gone through a storm. It is difficult to protect the players from that. The critics come very quick, fast, very hard. The only way you deal with it is to respond in the next game like we did," he added.
"You go through a nightmare at Chelsea where you think you have not even a chance to play the game. On top of that, in the last second, we score an own goal in the game after. It has been very bad and as well very positive because it is always an opportunity to show you have mental strength."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles