Doctor Who And Dynasty Star Kate O' Mara's Tragic Passing Away
By Sonalee singh | March 31, 2014 10:49 PM EST
Dynasty star Kate O'Mara has passed away at 74, after a short-illness. The actress passed away at a Sussex nursing home on Sunday Morning. The actress was known for playing the role of Cassandra Morrell in the 1980s US soap "Dynasty" and she has also played meaty roles in "Doctor Who" and "Howards' Way."
"She was extraordinary, she had so much energy and vitality with a love for theatre and acting.A shining star has gone out and Kate will be dearly missed by all who knew and have worked with her," Mara's agent Phil Belfield said, as quoted by The Mirror.
Paying her tribute to the veteran actress, Joan Collins said, as quited by the website. "Tragic news about Kate O'Mara, we had great fun on Dynasty when she played my sister Caress who Alexis insisted on calling CASSIE! RIP."
Aactor Colin Baker, 70, co-star of Kate, said "Oh my goodness. Kate O'Mara is no longer with us. Sad sad news. A delightful, committed and talented lady and actress. We are the poorer."
Kata Mara had a brilliant television career, however, her personal life was marked with tragedy. She had to give her son, Chris Lind, for an early adoption, as she could not afford to raise him, while her other son, Dickon O'Mara, was found dead in December 2012.
Mara married twice, but both the times, the marriage ended in divorce. In her autobiography "Vamp" Until Ready," Kate spoke about how she was coping-up with the anxiety of growing old
"I was never in one place for more than a year, which means dozens of different schools and that made me immensely independent. That's why it's unlikely I will marry again. I'm no good at relationships because I put my career first. She said, adding, "It sounds lovely to meet somebody who could take all the stresses and strains away, as well as being a money provider, but I've never met anyone like that." (Extract form her autobiography)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown