Apple (AAPL) 2014 Upcoming Releases: Analyst Predictions on the iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iWatch and MacBook
By Precious Silva | March 31, 2014 10:32 PM EST
Earnings estimate for Apple adjust by the day as the company's upcoming products continue to make headlines. According to recent information, the tech giant plans on releasing its iphone 6, iPad Air 2, iWatch and 2014 MacBook series in the second half of the year. Looking at the leaks and patent sightings, it appears Apple is out for some serious business. Will these product releases be any good for Apple's future?
Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook speaks about the new iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retnia display during an Apple event in San Francisco, California October 22, 2013.
Susquehanna Financial Group analyst Christopher Caso published another earnings estimate through investor's note. According to a report by Wall Street Cheat Sheet, Caso predicted previously that the next iPhone will come out this summer. However, based on the latest supply chain sources, the analyst suggests that Apple will follow a similar timeline to its previous releases. Caso, like other analyst, strongly believe Apple will release two display sizes.
"While we think the phone launch timing will be similar to last year, based on initial production forecasts, we think there is likely to be more volume available at launch as compared to last year."
Caso also cuts his forecast for Apple on the second and third quarter of the year.
"Note that our estimates had previously been more aggressive, and had assumed that AAPL would be able to ship some iPhone 6 volume in July," Caso explained in the research note.
"For 2Q, our revised estimates reflect sales of 30 mln iPhones, down from 32.6 mln previously, and slightly lower iPad units (18 mln vs. 20 mln previously). For 3Q, we expect 37 mln iPhone units, which anticipates a very strong launch with more volume available vs. last year."
The supply chain sources mentioned also indicated Apple's production of the iWatch and the larger version of the iPad.
"[W]e have finally noted two new products on the production schedule, including a watch as well as a 12" tablet that contains a keyboard," added the Susquehanna analyst. Caso also provided estimates for the upcoming fiscal year. The analyst explained Apple's potential performance in relation to the iWatch and the iPad Pro.
"Our estimates reflect modest assumptions for phone and 12" iPad shipments in C4Q," Caso said.
"We believe watch production is anticipated to be 3 mln units/month starting in September, although this may change as we get closer to launch. Our revised FY14 estimates of $184.9 bln/$42.54 are down from $195.5 bln/$46.51 and reflect the later launch of iPhone 6. We are also introducing our FY15 estimates of $198.5 bln/$46.80."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon