Lorde: ‘Flaws are OK,’ Singer’s BF James Lowe Breaks His Silence
By Riza Ornos | March 31, 2014 10:22 PM EST
International singing sensation, Kiwi singer Lorde, also known as Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor, is the first New Zealand solo artist to have a number one song in the United States. Thanks to her debut album "Pure Heroin" and her first hit single "Royals," she has become a household name. However, she also finds herself in the center of controversy, because of her shy photographer boyfriend James Lowe.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
After a long silence, the 24-year-old Auckland-based photographer speaks out how his life has changed since he started dating, the "Royals" singer. "My life is probably a lot different now, but it feels normal on the inside," Lowe wrote on his blog.
"I've written, deleted, re-written, and deleted this post at least five times over the past few months, wondering when would be an appropriate time to start writing again," he explains. "Since originally sitting down to write this post, Ella has become a two-time Grammy winner. She has taken home a Brit too. Currently she is on the opposite side of the world on tour. As much as I miss her, I couldn't be prouder of what she has achieved so far."
The Asian origin New Zealander also pointed out what Jared Leto has said, "fame doesn't change you, it changes everyone around you," saying that he totally agrees with him and sees how people around him have changed. Since Lorde gained international fame, the silent life of Lowe has been the center of controversies and at times, he is target of the tabloids.
But he is also thankful for the experience because it has allowed him to meet people who inpire him. He has also found new inspiratiosn and tell tales of the many amazing people who he met along the way.
Lorde Shares Views on PhotoShoppe Pics
Lorde recently shared his views on Photoshoppe pics and tweeted out an important message to all her fans telling them that "flaws are ok." She also shared a couple of before-and-after images of herself to show the difference between whats real and what is photoshopped.
"I find this curious - two photos from today, one edited so my skin is perfect and one real. remember flaws are OK :-)" the star posted on her Twitter account with two photos of herself on the stage and one before going to bed.
The editing of photos does not happen for only fashion magazines. The photos of wrtists who are performing live on stage are also edited and photoshopped. The young singer, however, is not shy about showing her imperfections to the world, as she posted her pimple cream selfie on Instagram.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced