Lorde: ‘Flaws are OK,’ Singer’s BF James Lowe Breaks His Silence
By Riza Ornos | March 31, 2014 10:22 PM EST
International singing sensation, Kiwi singer Lorde, also known as Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor, is the first New Zealand solo artist to have a number one song in the United States. Thanks to her debut album "Pure Heroin" and her first hit single "Royals," she has become a household name. However, she also finds herself in the center of controversy, because of her shy photographer boyfriend James Lowe.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
After a long silence, the 24-year-old Auckland-based photographer speaks out how his life has changed since he started dating, the "Royals" singer. "My life is probably a lot different now, but it feels normal on the inside," Lowe wrote on his blog.
"I've written, deleted, re-written, and deleted this post at least five times over the past few months, wondering when would be an appropriate time to start writing again," he explains. "Since originally sitting down to write this post, Ella has become a two-time Grammy winner. She has taken home a Brit too. Currently she is on the opposite side of the world on tour. As much as I miss her, I couldn't be prouder of what she has achieved so far."
The Asian origin New Zealander also pointed out what Jared Leto has said, "fame doesn't change you, it changes everyone around you," saying that he totally agrees with him and sees how people around him have changed. Since Lorde gained international fame, the silent life of Lowe has been the center of controversies and at times, he is target of the tabloids.
But he is also thankful for the experience because it has allowed him to meet people who inpire him. He has also found new inspiratiosn and tell tales of the many amazing people who he met along the way.
Lorde Shares Views on PhotoShoppe Pics
Lorde recently shared his views on Photoshoppe pics and tweeted out an important message to all her fans telling them that "flaws are ok." She also shared a couple of before-and-after images of herself to show the difference between whats real and what is photoshopped.
"I find this curious - two photos from today, one edited so my skin is perfect and one real. remember flaws are OK :-)" the star posted on her Twitter account with two photos of herself on the stage and one before going to bed.
The editing of photos does not happen for only fashion magazines. The photos of wrtists who are performing live on stage are also edited and photoshopped. The young singer, however, is not shy about showing her imperfections to the world, as she posted her pimple cream selfie on Instagram.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L