‘How I Met Your Mother' Wraps Up After 9 Years with Epic Ending
By Riza Ornos | March 31, 2014 8:56 PM EST
After nine years of non-stop laughter and falling in love with each of the cast, "How I Met Your Mother" is wrapping up with an epic ending this Monday. This hugely popular show has been one of CBS mainstay shows for its Monday night sitcom lineup that features some of the best known shows.
Josh Radnor as Ted Mosby in How I Met Your Mother. Radnor arrives for the premiere of the film "Liberal Arts" during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 22, 2012. (REUTERS)
HIMYM, which premiered on CBS on September 19, 2005, follows a group of friends in Manhattan, as the main character Ted Mosby tells his son and daughter the events the led him to find the elusive "mother."
Created by Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, "How I Met Your Mother" is known for its unique structure and eccentric humor. The term "legen-wait-for-it-dary" was popularised by the series, with Barney Stinson, played by Neil Patrick Harris, uttering the phrase in almost every episode.
Thanks to its ensemble cast and great writing, HIMYM has been nominated for 28 Emmy Awards and won nine throughout its eight seasons. Allison Hannigan who plays Lily Aldrin won the People's Choice Award for Favorite TV Comedy Actress in 2010.
In 2012, the show won the People's Choice Award for Favorite Network TV Comedy. The same year that Neil Patrick Harris won the award for Favorite TV Comedy Actor.
Now on its ninth and final season, "How I Met Your Mother" will conclude on March 31, with the final episode "Last Forever." The hour-long episode will feature the girl with the yellow umbrella who happens to the "Mother." It is also expected to reveal what happens to her in 2030.
Ted will finally finish the story on how he ends up with Cristin Milioti, who plays the "mother," and the last episode will also feature Marshall, as he talks about his job as a corporate lawyer. From the beginning of season 9, the show is prepping fans for Robin and Barney's wedding. In the final episode, the two were seen dancing happily after their wedding.
Although there are some speculations that the "mother" will die in 2030, or that Ted is having an Alzheimer's disease the producers of the show promised a happy ending.
"People are so sure and they have such an opinions about what they think is going to happen, but nobody is 100 percent right," says director Pam Fryman in an interview with TV Guide. "I think people will be happy with the way this plays out. It's a great ending."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales