‘How I Met Your Mother' Wraps Up After 9 Years with Epic Ending
By Riza Ornos | March 31, 2014 8:56 PM EST
After nine years of non-stop laughter and falling in love with each of the cast, "How I Met Your Mother" is wrapping up with an epic ending this Monday. This hugely popular show has been one of CBS mainstay shows for its Monday night sitcom lineup that features some of the best known shows.
Josh Radnor as Ted Mosby in How I Met Your Mother. Radnor arrives for the premiere of the film "Liberal Arts" during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 22, 2012. (REUTERS)
HIMYM, which premiered on CBS on September 19, 2005, follows a group of friends in Manhattan, as the main character Ted Mosby tells his son and daughter the events the led him to find the elusive "mother."
Created by Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, "How I Met Your Mother" is known for its unique structure and eccentric humor. The term "legen-wait-for-it-dary" was popularised by the series, with Barney Stinson, played by Neil Patrick Harris, uttering the phrase in almost every episode.
Thanks to its ensemble cast and great writing, HIMYM has been nominated for 28 Emmy Awards and won nine throughout its eight seasons. Allison Hannigan who plays Lily Aldrin won the People's Choice Award for Favorite TV Comedy Actress in 2010.
In 2012, the show won the People's Choice Award for Favorite Network TV Comedy. The same year that Neil Patrick Harris won the award for Favorite TV Comedy Actor.
Now on its ninth and final season, "How I Met Your Mother" will conclude on March 31, with the final episode "Last Forever." The hour-long episode will feature the girl with the yellow umbrella who happens to the "Mother." It is also expected to reveal what happens to her in 2030.
Ted will finally finish the story on how he ends up with Cristin Milioti, who plays the "mother," and the last episode will also feature Marshall, as he talks about his job as a corporate lawyer. From the beginning of season 9, the show is prepping fans for Robin and Barney's wedding. In the final episode, the two were seen dancing happily after their wedding.
Although there are some speculations that the "mother" will die in 2030, or that Ted is having an Alzheimer's disease the producers of the show promised a happy ending.
"People are so sure and they have such an opinions about what they think is going to happen, but nobody is 100 percent right," says director Pam Fryman in an interview with TV Guide. "I think people will be happy with the way this plays out. It's a great ending."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase