Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Not Engaged: Fans of Bieber Believe he Will Not Give a Small Ring to Selena
By nidhi tewari | March 31, 2014 8:23 PM EST
Selena Gomez has been spotted wearing a gold ring on her engagement finger at various occasions, after she recently reunited with ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber. There is much speculation in the media that the ring might actually be an engagement ring, given to the Texan beauty by Bieber. Selena was also spotted wearing the same gold band at the Saturday night Kid's Choice Awards, where she beat rival Taylor Swift to win the favourite artist award. However, Beliebers on various social media network sites believe that it is not an engagement ring.
Singers Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez arrive at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar party in West Hollywood, California, February 27, 2011.
Many Beliebers are of the opinion that Justin Bieber is an extravagant lover who would spend millions on an engagement ring, rather than giving Selena a simple gold band. The ring might be a gesture from Bieber to let her know that she is special but it definitely is no "engagement" ring material. Check out fans' Tweets below:
Lol Justin's an over the top guy if he that was an engagement ring it would be bigger than your house http://t.co/lqv5mlymg4
— . (@JanoskiBieber1) March 28, 2014
if justin really did propose to selena the ring would be bigger than her finger lol bye http://t.co/Qbxtd839tR — Valerie ♛ (@stratf0rdsangel) March 28, 2014
According to Hollywoodlife.com, the 21-year-old has been spotted wearing the special ring continuously ever since their March 7 reunion in Texas. The couple had few breakfast dates and even danced romantically with each other in Texas. Gomez was also photographed wearing the same gold ring while speaking at the We Day conference in Oakland, California on Wednesday. The media site is showing Gomez's picture and the ring can be seen on her left hand's second finger. Check out the picture here.
Hollywoodlife also spoke to a source, who they say is close to both Selena and Justin. The source confirmed the ring is definitely from Justin though the couple aren't engaged (yet). The source also added that the new gesture from the "Baby" singer has made Selena's parents suspicious and they believe that their daughter might elope with Bieber.
"The ring was a gift from Justin, it's not an engagement ring, but they are back on and very serious," the source said, according to the Web site.
"Her family is extremely worried that she'll do something crazy like elope with him. Selena is totally wrapped back up in Justin, it's the same pattern happening all over again," the source added.
In a previous interview with one of the magazines, Selena also admitted that she is just 21 and has no plans to settle down or get married. The ring might be something Justin gave Selena romantically. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Update: Laurina Talks About Her Exit, Jessica’s Acting Background Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1