Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos - Spec And Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 31, 2014 8:18 PM EST
Notably, Grand Duos which was introduced last year is still one of the popular Dual-Sim handsets. The popularity of Grand Duos in the Dual-Sim market led to the launch of newer Galaxy Grand 2 with noticeable upgrades.
Display, Thickness & Weight
Samsung increased the screen size of Galaxy Grand 2 to 5.25 inches capacitive touch screen while Grand Duos has a 5 inches capacitive touch screen. Interestingly, the design of Grand 2 makes it look slimmer and thinner when compared to Grand Duos.
While, Grand Duos is wider-looking, Grand 2 is longer-looking handset. The difference in display comes in the form of resolution.
Grand Duos comes with a resolution of 480 X 800 pixels (187ppi density) in its 5 inches screen; while, Grand 2 offers comparatively better resolution of 720 X 1,280 pixels (280ppi density) in its 5.25 inches screen.
The screen dimension of Grand 2 is (146.80 x 75.30 x 8.90 mm) while that if Grand Duos is (143.50 x 76.80 x 9.60 mm). Also Grand 2 (163 gm) weighs slightly higher than Grand Duos (161 gm).
There are quite a lot of hardware updates in Grand 2, making it way better choice than the Grand Duos.
Galaxy Grand 2 is powered by a much superior 1.2GHz quad-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) when compared to the 1.2GHz dual core processor of Grand Duos. The upgrade provides enough room for multitasking and background tasks.
Grand 2 houses a 1.5GB RAM, while Grand Duos has only a 1GB RAM.
Both the phones have an internal storage capacity of 8GB with expandable microSD up to 64 GB of storage.
Grand Duos came with Android v4.1 (last updated to 4.2.2) but there will be no upgrade to Android v4.4.
When it comes to rear camera, 8MP (with flash) is the standard in both Galaxy Grand 2 and Galaxy Grand Duos which is capable of 1080p recording.
There is not much of a difference in the front camera; Grand Duos has a 2.0MP camera while Grand 2 has a 1.9MP camera.
Without a doubt, Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 houses a better battery of 2600mAh (removable) while Grand Duos houses an inferior 2100mAh battery (removable).
Both Grand 2 and Grand Duos support Dual-Sim. The difference is that Grand Duos employs regular Sim while Grand 2 employs Micro-Sim.
Galaxy Grand 2 comes with white, black and pink colors while Grand Duos comes with white and blue colors.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is priced at around AU $379.95 and the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is priced at AU $299.95 in Australia.
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is without a doubt the superior phone when compared to Galaxy Grand Duos. It is worth noting that, Grand 2 has the advantage of getting Android v4.4 KitKat update in the near future.
By focusing solely on the performance, Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is worth its price.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments