Google to Roll Out Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS Update to Nexus 5 and Nexus 7, Not to Nexus 4
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 31, 2014 8:09 PM EST
Google will roll out the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update to Nexus 7 tablet and Nexus 5 smartphone next month. However, the company may leave out Nexus 4 in the update.
Rumours that the search engine giant will roll out a new version of Kitkat OS emerged last week after a lot of users complained on the different bugs plaguing the devices due to the 4.4.2 version of the latest Android mobile software. The newest build included fix on the bugs on the camera app, battery and keyboard.
According to Gotta Be Mobile, build number KTU72B then the final version known as build number KTU83 will also land in the consumer devices soon. However, it is still unconfirmed whether the Nexus 4 handset will receive the update.
One of the most common complaints on Android Kitkat was the battery draining bug. Thus, it has become an imperative that Google will release a new version that will fix the problem. The next version was already spotted making the rounds. Android developer Llabtoofer further confirmed the existence of the new build KTU72B. Llabtoofer mentioned that the new firmware will also most likely fix the 4.4.2 camera bug. Mike1986_ announced on Twitter that the changes are minimal and that the new version will arrive shortly.
Google usually roll out new Android updates during the working week rather than the weekend. Moreover, the update was rolled out in stages. This means that some users will receive the latest update until Google has ensured smooth delivery of the OS update.
If the build exists, the OS update will be the third version of the Android 4.4 Kitkat OS following the footsteps of Android 4.4.1 and Android 4.4.2 KitKat updates that were rolled out last year.
However, rumours pointed that a new generation of Android OS will be coming in a few months. It was speculated that Android 4.5 Key Lime Pie will be released at Google's I/O Conference alongside the Nexus 8 tablet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan