Nexus 6 Release Date: 5 Expected Features of Google's Flagship Smartphone
By Raymond Ronamai | March 31, 2014 6:34 PM EST
Google has not revealed the release date of its flagship smartphone, Nexus 6 but it is widely expected to be released after Google's I/O Developers Conference on 24 June or early July. Now, several reports on the features of the device have also surfaced.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
Concept video of Nexus 6, uploaded on YouTube by CTNtechnologynews.
Google's VP Sundar Pichai had earlier hinted at the Mobile World Congress that the new Nexus smartphone would be released only in the last quarter of the year. The device will have to take on Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One (M8) if it is launched in June or July, and iPhone 6 if it is released in October as hinted by Pichai.
Here are five expected features of Google Nexus 6:
1. Display: Nexus 6 is expected to sport a 5.2-inch full HD and curved LCD display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The handset is also expected to be thin and light with bezel-free front panel, as seen in most smartphones.
2. Processor: The device is expected to be powered by the 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset with 3GB RAM.
3. OS: Google Nexus 6 is expected to run on Android OS (4.5), dubbed as Lollypop.
4. Camera: The device is also expected to have 13MP camera (main) and 5MP front camera. Another report has it that Nexus 6 will come with a 16MP camera, which is seen in Samsung Galaxy S5.
5. Connectivity: It is expected to come in three storage variants - 32 GB/64 GB/128 GB. It may come with connectivity such as Bluetooth, NFC, Micro-USB, Wi-Fi and 4G.
The flagship device may not breach the $400 mark for the 16GB model amid speculations that Google might increase the price. Considering the prices of Apple's iPhone and Samsung's Galaxy series, which starts at $700 (unlocked version), the hike in Nexus 6 price is justifiable.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan