iPhone 6 Release Date: HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S5 and Nexus 6 to Compete with Apple's Flagship Smartphone
By Raymond Ronamai | March 31, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Smartphone market will be thronged by high-end devices with major mobile phone makers releasing their flagship handsets in 2014. Samsung and HTC have already unveiled their much-anticipated smartphones, and now Apple Inc. and Google are set to follow suit.
File photo of a woman posing for a photo illustration with an iPhone as she plays Candy Crush
Conflicting reports on the release date of iPhone 6 have been doing the rounds for over a month now. It is reported that the device would be unveiled in WWDC event in June but UBS Managing Director, Steve Milunovich said in a research note (via Barron's) that iPhone 6 might be unveiled in August or September.
The latest report by Nikkei has claimed that suppliers of LCD panels for the flagship smartphone will start production soon and the device would be launched as early as September.
Google is also set to join the fight with the release of its flagship smartphone Nexus 6 which is expected to happen after Google's I/O Developers Conference on 24 June or early July, though the company has not announced anything officially. The release of the device could be pushed to the second quarter of the year if Google's VP Sundar Pichai words at the Mobile World Congress are anything to go by.
Samsung has unveiled its much-hyped smartphone, Galaxy S5 and the device is set to hit the stores in over 150 countries on 11 April. It sports a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with full HD (1920x1080p) resolution, having pixel density of 440ppi and runs on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS. It is powered by 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 (32-bit architecture) series processor. It also has features like fingerprint sensor, water and dust-resistant certifications, camera with fast autofocus speed up to 0.3 seconds, advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR), and fifth generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac and 2X2 MIMO with Download Booster.
HTC has unveiled its much-anticipated flagship device - HTC One (M8). It sports a 5.0-inch Super LCD 3 full HD (1920x1080p) screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 series quad-core processor with 2.3GHz CPU speed and runs on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS with HTC Sense v6.0 UI.
The device features 4.0-UltraPixel dual-camera with 2592x1944p image resolution, dual-color LED flash and 5.0-megapixel front wide-angle camera, full HD video recording, HDR. It also has 2600 mAh (Li-Po, non-removable) battery and microSD card slot.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports