Boxing News: Pacquiao KO Over Bradley Would Make Freddie Roach 'Happy'
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 31, 2014 6:06 PM EST
Hall of Trainer Freddie Roach cited only a knockout win by Manny Pacquiao over Timothy Bradley Jr. would make him happy after receiving a battery of taunting from the undefeated American welterweight for the past several weeks.
Roach did not mince any word in saying he was pissed by Bradley's comments about Pacquiao losing the killer instinct that propelled the Filipino star into a boxing phenom. He felt only a Pacman knockout against the trash-talking American would make him contented on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"Well Bradley told Manny that he's lost his killer instinct and that he doesn't have it any more. Manny feels like that was a little slap in face and I'm looking forward to Manny knocking this guy out. I think Manny is looking forward to it also - to show the world that he is a still a great fighter, a great puncher," Roach told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.
"He's been a little bit compassionate in some of his fights, yes, but I feel that he does have his killer instinct and he's been showing it here in the gym. I think that he's finally realized that it's not just winning, it's winning impressively that counts."
Pacquiao has been preparing hard for perhaps the defining moment of his career after absorbing a devastating loss to Juan Manuel Marquez in their fourth showdown in December of 2012. Pacman's camp admitted that a defeat to Bradley could mean the end of his legendary boxing career that saw him winning an unprecedented eight world titles in eight different weight divisions.
Bradley remains undefeated after 31 fights and claimed another victory against Pacquiao would clear the controversy left by their first fight 2 years ago.
The Desert Storm defeated Ruslan Provodnikov and Juan Manuel Marquez in his last two fights, while Pacman dominated Brandon Rios in the 12-round slugfest in Macau in November 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories