Boxing News: Pacquiao KO Over Bradley Would Make Freddie Roach 'Happy'
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 31, 2014 6:06 PM EST
Hall of Trainer Freddie Roach cited only a knockout win by Manny Pacquiao over Timothy Bradley Jr. would make him happy after receiving a battery of taunting from the undefeated American welterweight for the past several weeks.
Roach did not mince any word in saying he was pissed by Bradley's comments about Pacquiao losing the killer instinct that propelled the Filipino star into a boxing phenom. He felt only a Pacman knockout against the trash-talking American would make him contented on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"Well Bradley told Manny that he's lost his killer instinct and that he doesn't have it any more. Manny feels like that was a little slap in face and I'm looking forward to Manny knocking this guy out. I think Manny is looking forward to it also - to show the world that he is a still a great fighter, a great puncher," Roach told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.
"He's been a little bit compassionate in some of his fights, yes, but I feel that he does have his killer instinct and he's been showing it here in the gym. I think that he's finally realized that it's not just winning, it's winning impressively that counts."
Pacquiao has been preparing hard for perhaps the defining moment of his career after absorbing a devastating loss to Juan Manuel Marquez in their fourth showdown in December of 2012. Pacman's camp admitted that a defeat to Bradley could mean the end of his legendary boxing career that saw him winning an unprecedented eight world titles in eight different weight divisions.
Bradley remains undefeated after 31 fights and claimed another victory against Pacquiao would clear the controversy left by their first fight 2 years ago.
The Desert Storm defeated Ruslan Provodnikov and Juan Manuel Marquez in his last two fights, while Pacman dominated Brandon Rios in the 12-round slugfest in Macau in November 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy