Boxing News: Pacquiao KO Over Bradley Would Make Freddie Roach 'Happy'
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 31, 2014 6:06 PM EST
Hall of Trainer Freddie Roach cited only a knockout win by Manny Pacquiao over Timothy Bradley Jr. would make him happy after receiving a battery of taunting from the undefeated American welterweight for the past several weeks.
Roach did not mince any word in saying he was pissed by Bradley's comments about Pacquiao losing the killer instinct that propelled the Filipino star into a boxing phenom. He felt only a Pacman knockout against the trash-talking American would make him contented on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"Well Bradley told Manny that he's lost his killer instinct and that he doesn't have it any more. Manny feels like that was a little slap in face and I'm looking forward to Manny knocking this guy out. I think Manny is looking forward to it also - to show the world that he is a still a great fighter, a great puncher," Roach told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.
"He's been a little bit compassionate in some of his fights, yes, but I feel that he does have his killer instinct and he's been showing it here in the gym. I think that he's finally realized that it's not just winning, it's winning impressively that counts."
Pacquiao has been preparing hard for perhaps the defining moment of his career after absorbing a devastating loss to Juan Manuel Marquez in their fourth showdown in December of 2012. Pacman's camp admitted that a defeat to Bradley could mean the end of his legendary boxing career that saw him winning an unprecedented eight world titles in eight different weight divisions.
Bradley remains undefeated after 31 fights and claimed another victory against Pacquiao would clear the controversy left by their first fight 2 years ago.
The Desert Storm defeated Ruslan Provodnikov and Juan Manuel Marquez in his last two fights, while Pacman dominated Brandon Rios in the 12-round slugfest in Macau in November 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools