iPhone 6 Release to Come Early as Apple With Plans to Expand Arizona Plant
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 31, 2014 5:43 PM EST
More voices were added to the snowballing iPhone 6 discourse, its 2014 release date supposedly gaining more ground as a new render and fresh details defining the hotly-anticipated handset came out.
According to Apple Insider, the two companies were looking to expand the operations of the plant located at Mesa, Arizona. This is to accommodate higher production of an unknown device yet. But many companies backed up the proposed expansion.
Currently, the plant is far from completion but most recent public records published by the U.S. International Trade Administration, adjacent parcels of land appear to be vacant and are large enough to replicate the size of Apple's existing facility. Based on current projections, plant construction will be finished in June and the plant is set to reach its full capacity.
Reports said GT Advanced Technologies will be in-charge of manufacturing the Sapphire screen display in the upcoming smartphone. Apple first toyed with Sapphire material as the cover of the rear-facing camera. Also, iPhone 5S also packed the same Sapphire covering on the TouchID fingerprint sensor.
Apple still has not confirmed the official specs and features of iPhone 6. But rumors claimed the handset will pack A8 processor with 64-bit architecture, sapphire screen display, better camera and fingerprint sensor with improved features and capabilities.
As for iPhone 6 release date, it was speculated earlier that iPhone 6 will arrive in June at the annual Worldwide Developers Conference alongside the upcoming iOS 8. Thus, there is the possibility that the new iPhone will be released this summer on the cited event and the phablet may be released in September to battle head on with Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Meanwhile, reports claimed that consumers may be able to see Apple's phablet at a later date. UBS Analyst Steve Milunovich said the company's smartphone-tablet hybrid will be announced at a later date. He also said Apple will unveil the 4.7-inch iPhone sometime in August or September. The one with 5.5-inch screen will be released at a much later date. Thus, consumers can expect the Apple phablet in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]