No More Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date as Nexus 8 Already in the Works
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 31, 2014 5:34 PM EST
The Google Nexus 10 2 release date may no longer happen as the Nexus 8 is already in the works.
The Nexus 8 was suspected as Google's scapegoat in not releasing the much anticipated successor of Nexus 10 tablet. Waiting fans may have to give up on the 10-inch tablet as per the recent rumours.
Photo of the Nexus 10, taken from http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html, which is released under CC 2.5 Attribution. Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License.
Recent rumours also claimed that HTC was in-charge of manufacturing the new 8.9 inch tablet. Android Origin cited IHS technology which stated that HTC is going to start mass manufacturing a "high-performance" and more "premium" Nexus 8.9 tablet starting July or August. Rhoda Alexander, the director of tablet and monitor research at IHS Technology also said that the upcoming Google tablet will be priced at least $300.
Aside from 8.9 inch screen display, rumours stated that the Nexus 8 tablet will feature an Intel-based 64-bit processor instead of the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, which was commonly in most Android-based smartphones in the market. Lastly, the device will sport a 2K screen resolution.
Meanwhile, Google Nexus 10 2 if released will pack a 10.1-inch size with a 2560 x 1600 resolution and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Under the hood, there will be 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or the NVIDIA Tegra 4, 3GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. For storage, there will be the standard 16 and 32 GB variants. As for the camera, the tablet will pack an 8MP at the back and the front camera could be 2.1MP. The tablet will also pack a dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-side NFC and a 9500mAh non-removable battery.
Google still has not confirmed whether it will work again with Samsung in making the next Nexus 10 tablet. However, the search engine giant may tap on other manufacturers like HTC and Asus after the first generation of Nexus 10 failed to attract a lot of buyers due to its mediocre specs and features.
As for the Google Nexus 10 2 release, initial reports claimed that the full-fledged tablet will be released at Google's annual I/O Conference in June. Google has skipped numerous supposed release date since October last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build