Malaysia Airlines MH370: No Time Cap for Search and Retrieval of Missing Plane – Australian PM Abbott
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | March 31, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott on Monday vowed and assured relatives of the 239 passengers aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 that the search and retrieval operations for the mystery plane has no time cap.
"I'm certainly not putting a time limit on it," Reuters quoted Mr Abbott tell reporters in Perth after meeting the flight search crew at Pearce airbase.
He also pointed out that the intensity for the search and the magnitude of operations is "increasing, not decreasing," sending a firm commitment to the aggrieved families that the global operations understand their frustrations to already locate the plane that's been more than three weeks missing since March 8.
At least 20 aircraft and ships resumed searching a massive area in the Indian Ocean on Monday, some 2,000km west of Perth, Australia.
"If you compare this to Air France flight 447, we had much better positional information of where that aircraft went into the water," US Navy Captain Mark Matthews said on Sunday.
All because the location where authorities are now focusing, roughly the size of Poland or New Mexico, "is located just outside of what we call the garbage patches," Erik van Sebille, an oceanographer at the University of New South Wales said.
Malaysia earlier announced that with the aid of British spy agency MI6 and US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), it confirmed the plane had crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.
The US intelligence has ruled out terror links with the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370, based on the involvement of MI6 and the CIA. Speculations mounted the airliner went missing due to a criminal act rather than mechanical failure.
"So far, there's been none," Senator Dianne Feinstein, chairperson of the Senate Intelligence Committee, told CNN's Candy Crowley Sunday on 'State of the Union' programme. "There's speculation, but there's nothing."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones