Google Nexus 6 Concept Image Packs Edge to Edge Screen Display
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 31, 2014 5:33 PM EST
The new Google Nexus 6 concept image boasted a 5-inch edge-to-edge screen display.
The latest render was created by Aleksandar Tesic and imagined that the new Nexus smartphone will sport a larger screen display with 2K pixel resolution. He published the photos in his Google+ account. At the back, the camera will be discrete with a flash that just came out of science fiction, according to Concept Phones.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
The designer also visualized that the next Nexus handset will be manufactured by HTC. The smartphone comes with a brand new set of icons that are totally flat and iOS 7-like. The Nexus 6 also packed stereo speakers upfront due to BoomSound audio.
It is still unconfirmed whether HTC will take the helm this year in manufacturing the next Google Nexus 6 smartphone. Lenovo-Motorola as well as LG Electronics were also on the picture of the possible mobile manufacturers which may make the next Google's handset.
According to rumours, Google Nexus 6 will sport a quad HD screen display with 1,440 x 2,560 pixel resolution, a 64-bit processor and a 16 MP rear camera.The search engine giant has not confirmed the official specs and features of the smartphone. Some of the Google Nexus 6 rumored features are 5.2-inch full-HD, curved LCD display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass, 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset paired 3 GB RAM, 13 MP camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera; Bluetooth, NFC; Micro-USB, Wi-Fi and 4G.
The next Nexus smartphone was expected to be released with the next generation of Android operating system dubbed as 4.5 Lollypop. The handset was speculated to be available in 32 GB/64 GB/128 GB storage variants.
As for the Google Nexus 6 release date, the company is elusive in releasing concrete details about its timeline and roadmap for this year. However, Google's VP Sundar Pichai announced at the Mobile World Congress tech event last February that no Nexus smartphone will arrive in the first half of 2014. Thus, it hinted that the next Google handset will be launched in the second half of the year, most probably in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast