Google Nexus 6 Concept Image Packs Edge to Edge Screen Display
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 31, 2014 5:33 PM EST
The new Google Nexus 6 concept image boasted a 5-inch edge-to-edge screen display.
The latest render was created by Aleksandar Tesic and imagined that the new Nexus smartphone will sport a larger screen display with 2K pixel resolution. He published the photos in his Google+ account. At the back, the camera will be discrete with a flash that just came out of science fiction, according to Concept Phones.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
The designer also visualized that the next Nexus handset will be manufactured by HTC. The smartphone comes with a brand new set of icons that are totally flat and iOS 7-like. The Nexus 6 also packed stereo speakers upfront due to BoomSound audio.
It is still unconfirmed whether HTC will take the helm this year in manufacturing the next Google Nexus 6 smartphone. Lenovo-Motorola as well as LG Electronics were also on the picture of the possible mobile manufacturers which may make the next Google's handset.
According to rumours, Google Nexus 6 will sport a quad HD screen display with 1,440 x 2,560 pixel resolution, a 64-bit processor and a 16 MP rear camera.The search engine giant has not confirmed the official specs and features of the smartphone. Some of the Google Nexus 6 rumored features are 5.2-inch full-HD, curved LCD display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass, 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset paired 3 GB RAM, 13 MP camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera; Bluetooth, NFC; Micro-USB, Wi-Fi and 4G.
The next Nexus smartphone was expected to be released with the next generation of Android operating system dubbed as 4.5 Lollypop. The handset was speculated to be available in 32 GB/64 GB/128 GB storage variants.
As for the Google Nexus 6 release date, the company is elusive in releasing concrete details about its timeline and roadmap for this year. However, Google's VP Sundar Pichai announced at the Mobile World Congress tech event last February that no Nexus smartphone will arrive in the first half of 2014. Thus, it hinted that the next Google handset will be launched in the second half of the year, most probably in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family