NBA News: OKC Thunder Signs Reggie Williams to Second 10-Day Deal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 31, 2014 5:21 PM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder reportedly signed veteran swingman Reggie Williams to another 10-day deal, a source close to the situation reported on Monday.
Williams, who is averaging 4.5 points over two games with the Thunder, will continue to provide the team option off the bench. The Thunder already has Caron Butler, but the presence of Reggie Williams has given the Thunder someone who can fill up the void left by Thabo Sefolosha.
"The Thunder have signed Reggie Williams to a second 10-day contract, the team announced. Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman first reported the news via Twitter," wrote Hoops Rumors
"Williams was with Oklahoma City earlier this month, but when his first 10-day contract expired, the team gave his roster spot to Mustafa Shakur, who signed a 10-day contract of his own, as our tracker shows. Shakur's deal expired Tuesday, and it looks like the club has turned back to Williams, at least for now."
The Chicago Bulls and the Memphis Grizzlies expressed interest in acquiring Williams who was cut by the Houston Rockets before the start of the season. He then spent most of the season with the D-League affiliate team, averaging 20.1 points, 5.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game with 35.5 per cent three-point shooting.
"The 27-year-old Williams saw just five minutes of action in his first stint with Oklahoma City, his only NBA burn this year after having been a part of the league for the previous four seasons. The Rockets cut him before opening night even though his minimum-salary contract was 50% guaranteed, and the Bulls and the Grizzlies had interest in him earlier in the season," said Hoops Rumors.
According to Hoops Rumors writer Chuck Myron, the Thunder's decision to sign Williams to a 10-day deal would help the ballclub have financial flexibility for the remainder of the season.
"The return of the Interperformances client gives the Thunder a full 15-man roster, though bringing Williams back on another 10-day affords the club a bit of flexibility between now and the end of the season," Myron stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports