NBA News: OKC Thunder Signs Reggie Williams to Second 10-Day Deal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 31, 2014 5:21 PM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder reportedly signed veteran swingman Reggie Williams to another 10-day deal, a source close to the situation reported on Monday.
Williams, who is averaging 4.5 points over two games with the Thunder, will continue to provide the team option off the bench. The Thunder already has Caron Butler, but the presence of Reggie Williams has given the Thunder someone who can fill up the void left by Thabo Sefolosha.
"The Thunder have signed Reggie Williams to a second 10-day contract, the team announced. Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman first reported the news via Twitter," wrote Hoops Rumors
"Williams was with Oklahoma City earlier this month, but when his first 10-day contract expired, the team gave his roster spot to Mustafa Shakur, who signed a 10-day contract of his own, as our tracker shows. Shakur's deal expired Tuesday, and it looks like the club has turned back to Williams, at least for now."
The Chicago Bulls and the Memphis Grizzlies expressed interest in acquiring Williams who was cut by the Houston Rockets before the start of the season. He then spent most of the season with the D-League affiliate team, averaging 20.1 points, 5.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game with 35.5 per cent three-point shooting.
"The 27-year-old Williams saw just five minutes of action in his first stint with Oklahoma City, his only NBA burn this year after having been a part of the league for the previous four seasons. The Rockets cut him before opening night even though his minimum-salary contract was 50% guaranteed, and the Bulls and the Grizzlies had interest in him earlier in the season," said Hoops Rumors.
According to Hoops Rumors writer Chuck Myron, the Thunder's decision to sign Williams to a 10-day deal would help the ballclub have financial flexibility for the remainder of the season.
"The return of the Interperformances client gives the Thunder a full 15-man roster, though bringing Williams back on another 10-day affords the club a bit of flexibility between now and the end of the season," Myron stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’