NBA News: OKC Thunder Signs Reggie Williams to Second 10-Day Deal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 31, 2014 5:21 PM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder reportedly signed veteran swingman Reggie Williams to another 10-day deal, a source close to the situation reported on Monday.
Williams, who is averaging 4.5 points over two games with the Thunder, will continue to provide the team option off the bench. The Thunder already has Caron Butler, but the presence of Reggie Williams has given the Thunder someone who can fill up the void left by Thabo Sefolosha.
"The Thunder have signed Reggie Williams to a second 10-day contract, the team announced. Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman first reported the news via Twitter," wrote Hoops Rumors
"Williams was with Oklahoma City earlier this month, but when his first 10-day contract expired, the team gave his roster spot to Mustafa Shakur, who signed a 10-day contract of his own, as our tracker shows. Shakur's deal expired Tuesday, and it looks like the club has turned back to Williams, at least for now."
The Chicago Bulls and the Memphis Grizzlies expressed interest in acquiring Williams who was cut by the Houston Rockets before the start of the season. He then spent most of the season with the D-League affiliate team, averaging 20.1 points, 5.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game with 35.5 per cent three-point shooting.
"The 27-year-old Williams saw just five minutes of action in his first stint with Oklahoma City, his only NBA burn this year after having been a part of the league for the previous four seasons. The Rockets cut him before opening night even though his minimum-salary contract was 50% guaranteed, and the Bulls and the Grizzlies had interest in him earlier in the season," said Hoops Rumors.
According to Hoops Rumors writer Chuck Myron, the Thunder's decision to sign Williams to a 10-day deal would help the ballclub have financial flexibility for the remainder of the season.
"The return of the Interperformances client gives the Thunder a full 15-man roster, though bringing Williams back on another 10-day affords the club a bit of flexibility between now and the end of the season," Myron stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money