NBA News: OKC Thunder Signs Reggie Williams to Second 10-Day Deal
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 31, 2014 5:21 PM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder reportedly signed veteran swingman Reggie Williams to another 10-day deal, a source close to the situation reported on Monday.
Williams, who is averaging 4.5 points over two games with the Thunder, will continue to provide the team option off the bench. The Thunder already has Caron Butler, but the presence of Reggie Williams has given the Thunder someone who can fill up the void left by Thabo Sefolosha.
"The Thunder have signed Reggie Williams to a second 10-day contract, the team announced. Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman first reported the news via Twitter," wrote Hoops Rumors
"Williams was with Oklahoma City earlier this month, but when his first 10-day contract expired, the team gave his roster spot to Mustafa Shakur, who signed a 10-day contract of his own, as our tracker shows. Shakur's deal expired Tuesday, and it looks like the club has turned back to Williams, at least for now."
The Chicago Bulls and the Memphis Grizzlies expressed interest in acquiring Williams who was cut by the Houston Rockets before the start of the season. He then spent most of the season with the D-League affiliate team, averaging 20.1 points, 5.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game with 35.5 per cent three-point shooting.
"The 27-year-old Williams saw just five minutes of action in his first stint with Oklahoma City, his only NBA burn this year after having been a part of the league for the previous four seasons. The Rockets cut him before opening night even though his minimum-salary contract was 50% guaranteed, and the Bulls and the Grizzlies had interest in him earlier in the season," said Hoops Rumors.
According to Hoops Rumors writer Chuck Myron, the Thunder's decision to sign Williams to a 10-day deal would help the ballclub have financial flexibility for the remainder of the season.
"The return of the Interperformances client gives the Thunder a full 15-man roster, though bringing Williams back on another 10-day affords the club a bit of flexibility between now and the end of the season," Myron stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices