iPad Pro Release Date in December Alongside iWatch – Analyst
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 31, 2014 5:20 PM EST
The iPad Pro release date is set in December alongside Apple's smartwatch, according to an analyst.
Susquehanna Financial Group analyst Christopher Caso revised his note to investors on the earnings estimates for Apple in the succeeding quarters as he predicted the renewed release date of the large format iPad.
An illustration picture shows application icons on an Apple Ipad tablet held by a woman in Bordeaux, Southwestern France, February 4, 2013.
"We have finally noted two new products on the production schedule, including a watch as well as a 12 inch tablet that contains a keyboard," said Mr Caso published in the Wall St Cheat Sheet. He introduced estimates for the fiscal year 2015 based on a potential iPad Pro and iWatch launch in the December quarter of 2014. Other reports claimed that iPad Pro may arrive this year either in June at Worldwide Developers' Conference or in October just like last year's launch.
The analyst also claimed that iPhone 6 release date will be a refresh cycle and will be launched in September. He previously noted that the Apple's smartphone will be released early this summer.
Mr Caso believed that the iPhone 6 will also come in two variants this year. "We expect that a smaller screen version of iPhone 6 will commence production in July, with a larger version beginning production in August. While we think the phone launch timing will be similar to last year, based on initial production forecasts, we think there is likely to be more volume available at launch as compared to last year," the analyst wrote in his note to investors.
Meanwhile, iPad Pro was the unofficial name of the alleged 12.9 inch tablet. Rumours about the said tablet started since last year even before Apple's rival Samsung announced the NotePRO and TabPRO tablets. The devices aimed at professionals in the business and education sectors who may be needing powerful slabs.
Rumours have stated that iPad Pro will come in two variants with different resolutions. Both models will pack 12.9-inch screen panel but will come with 2K and 4K display resolution, respectively. Moreover, an Apple patent hinted that the tablet's bezels may be hyper-sensitive and the iPad Pro will pack pressure sensors on the bezels that may replace the physical home button.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices