'American Idol': Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul And Randy Jackson to Return as Judges?
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 31, 2014 5:19 PM EST
With reports saying the newest season of "American Idol" (AI) is not doing anyone a favor, rumors of the return of the original AI judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson on the idol judges' seats had been suiting for most of the idol fans committed to watching the show since it first aired in 2001.
American Idol host Ryan Seacrest arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
'American Idol' 2014 Results Show, Top 8 Update: Alex, Caleb, CJ, Majesty - Who Gets Eliminated This Week? [REVIEW, VIDEOS]
'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers/Updates: Janelle Monae to Perform 'What is Love' Live on Mar. 27, 2014
After 13 years of airing on television, now is the time that Al series is hitting its lowest rating. "Survivor" on the CBS Network is now ahead of "American Idol" 2014 by 6 percent in the competition for the 8:00-9:00 p.m. timeslot, according to the March 27 report of TV Media Insights.
"American Idol" producers had been ganging up with new show formats. Season13 had only been one proof that the show had undergone many changes in the past couple of years and gearing up for more.
One of the distinct changes on the popular reality show had been the judge changes. From the originals Cowell, Abdul and Jackson to having Kara DioGuardi, "Oscars" host Ellen DeGeneres, Steven Tyler, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and now to its current judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr, "American Idol" appeared only constant at one and that was to its host Ryan Seacrest who had been present since the beginning of the show.
The tweet had gained public reactions, garnering 2,448 retweets as of the moment and 6,902 favorites. Brandon Moore, an apparent fan of the original judges had replied to Cowell saying he would love to see the original judges' combination again.
Danielle Saco, another fan, admitted Cowell's revelation made her heart cry, and even pleaded that the reunion should happen sooner.
Reports from February 2014 confirmed Fox already made its final decision to cancel the X Factor USA for 2014, where Cowell was one of the judges. This bit of news first reported by Mail Online had made it the more forthcoming for all the hopeful fans wanting to reunite the original American Idol judges.
A new revelation from Bob Mezan, reporting for Reuters, however, shared Simon Cowell is opening a new "X-Factor" musical. This can shatter the hopes of all "American Idol" fans rooting for the original judges. But apparently, returning on the reality show, Cowell had already owed up to the fans a "reunion" in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]