'American Idol': Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul And Randy Jackson to Return as Judges?
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 31, 2014 5:19 PM EST
With reports saying the newest season of "American Idol" (AI) is not doing anyone a favor, rumors of the return of the original AI judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson on the idol judges' seats had been suiting for most of the idol fans committed to watching the show since it first aired in 2001.
American Idol host Ryan Seacrest arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
'American Idol' 2014 Results Show, Top 8 Update: Alex, Caleb, CJ, Majesty - Who Gets Eliminated This Week? [REVIEW, VIDEOS]
'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers/Updates: Janelle Monae to Perform 'What is Love' Live on Mar. 27, 2014
After 13 years of airing on television, now is the time that Al series is hitting its lowest rating. "Survivor" on the CBS Network is now ahead of "American Idol" 2014 by 6 percent in the competition for the 8:00-9:00 p.m. timeslot, according to the March 27 report of TV Media Insights.
"American Idol" producers had been ganging up with new show formats. Season13 had only been one proof that the show had undergone many changes in the past couple of years and gearing up for more.
One of the distinct changes on the popular reality show had been the judge changes. From the originals Cowell, Abdul and Jackson to having Kara DioGuardi, "Oscars" host Ellen DeGeneres, Steven Tyler, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and now to its current judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr, "American Idol" appeared only constant at one and that was to its host Ryan Seacrest who had been present since the beginning of the show.
The tweet had gained public reactions, garnering 2,448 retweets as of the moment and 6,902 favorites. Brandon Moore, an apparent fan of the original judges had replied to Cowell saying he would love to see the original judges' combination again.
Danielle Saco, another fan, admitted Cowell's revelation made her heart cry, and even pleaded that the reunion should happen sooner.
Reports from February 2014 confirmed Fox already made its final decision to cancel the X Factor USA for 2014, where Cowell was one of the judges. This bit of news first reported by Mail Online had made it the more forthcoming for all the hopeful fans wanting to reunite the original American Idol judges.
A new revelation from Bob Mezan, reporting for Reuters, however, shared Simon Cowell is opening a new "X-Factor" musical. This can shatter the hopes of all "American Idol" fans rooting for the original judges. But apparently, returning on the reality show, Cowell had already owed up to the fans a "reunion" in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best