'American Idol': Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul And Randy Jackson to Return as Judges?
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 31, 2014 5:19 PM EST
With reports saying the newest season of "American Idol" (AI) is not doing anyone a favor, rumors of the return of the original AI judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson on the idol judges' seats had been suiting for most of the idol fans committed to watching the show since it first aired in 2001.
American Idol host Ryan Seacrest arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
'American Idol' 2014 Results Show, Top 8 Update: Alex, Caleb, CJ, Majesty - Who Gets Eliminated This Week? [REVIEW, VIDEOS]
'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers/Updates: Janelle Monae to Perform 'What is Love' Live on Mar. 27, 2014
After 13 years of airing on television, now is the time that Al series is hitting its lowest rating. "Survivor" on the CBS Network is now ahead of "American Idol" 2014 by 6 percent in the competition for the 8:00-9:00 p.m. timeslot, according to the March 27 report of TV Media Insights.
"American Idol" producers had been ganging up with new show formats. Season13 had only been one proof that the show had undergone many changes in the past couple of years and gearing up for more.
One of the distinct changes on the popular reality show had been the judge changes. From the originals Cowell, Abdul and Jackson to having Kara DioGuardi, "Oscars" host Ellen DeGeneres, Steven Tyler, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and now to its current judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr, "American Idol" appeared only constant at one and that was to its host Ryan Seacrest who had been present since the beginning of the show.
The tweet had gained public reactions, garnering 2,448 retweets as of the moment and 6,902 favorites. Brandon Moore, an apparent fan of the original judges had replied to Cowell saying he would love to see the original judges' combination again.
Danielle Saco, another fan, admitted Cowell's revelation made her heart cry, and even pleaded that the reunion should happen sooner.
Reports from February 2014 confirmed Fox already made its final decision to cancel the X Factor USA for 2014, where Cowell was one of the judges. This bit of news first reported by Mail Online had made it the more forthcoming for all the hopeful fans wanting to reunite the original American Idol judges.
A new revelation from Bob Mezan, reporting for Reuters, however, shared Simon Cowell is opening a new "X-Factor" musical. This can shatter the hopes of all "American Idol" fans rooting for the original judges. But apparently, returning on the reality show, Cowell had already owed up to the fans a "reunion" in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales