Novak Djokovic Dethrones Rafael Nadal to Bag Fourth Miami Title
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 31, 2014 5:15 PM EST
Second seed Novak Djokovic grabbed his fourth Miami Masters title after defeating No.1 seed Rafael Nadal in a straight set by 6-3, 6-3, in the final of the tournament held at Crandon Park Tennis Center.
Mar 30, 2014; Miami, FL, USA; Novak Djokovic celebrates after winning the men's singles final of the Sony Open at Crandon Tennis Center over Rafael Nadal (not pictured). Djokovic won 6-3, 6-3
Earlier he had bagged the credit in 2007, 2011 and 2012.
"I played a great match everything was working really well ... I didn't give him a chance to come back in the match. I am really excited," Djokovic said after the win.
The 26-year-old Serbian was in perfect balance, and it seemed like an easy win for him to topple Nadal in 83 minutes. With strong defense and handful of glorious shots, Djovokic simply sailed along steady.He delivered five aces and bagged 30 of 35 points on his serve. Moreover, he didn't make any double faults, which clearly indicates his balance right from the start of the match.
Djokovic's turn-up at United States ended up well as just weeks earlier he bagged the Indian Wells ATP Masters, followed by this magnanimous win. "We come here to play in the United States for four weeks ... It gives you plenty time to recover. I love the hardcourts and it is my most preferred surface. In 2007 I won my first big title here in Miami," Djokovic said.
"I just started swinging freely and had good percentages on my first serves ... He had a hard time reading my serve," he added.
"I had a few game plans. I wanted to get out there and see what works the best. He serves and likes to move to the backhand corner. He runs around his backhand so that he opens the court for his opponent on forehand side," Djokovic concluded.
Top seed Rafael Nadal was keen to bag the title after losing final earlier for three times. But Djokovic simply didn't allow Nadal to stay ahead in the match and took every opportunity in due time to retain the glory.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How