Novak Djokovic Dethrones Rafael Nadal to Bag Fourth Miami Title
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 31, 2014 5:15 PM EST
Second seed Novak Djokovic grabbed his fourth Miami Masters title after defeating No.1 seed Rafael Nadal in a straight set by 6-3, 6-3, in the final of the tournament held at Crandon Park Tennis Center.
Mar 30, 2014; Miami, FL, USA; Novak Djokovic celebrates after winning the men's singles final of the Sony Open at Crandon Tennis Center over Rafael Nadal (not pictured). Djokovic won 6-3, 6-3
Earlier he had bagged the credit in 2007, 2011 and 2012.
"I played a great match everything was working really well ... I didn't give him a chance to come back in the match. I am really excited," Djokovic said after the win.
The 26-year-old Serbian was in perfect balance, and it seemed like an easy win for him to topple Nadal in 83 minutes. With strong defense and handful of glorious shots, Djovokic simply sailed along steady.He delivered five aces and bagged 30 of 35 points on his serve. Moreover, he didn't make any double faults, which clearly indicates his balance right from the start of the match.
Djokovic's turn-up at United States ended up well as just weeks earlier he bagged the Indian Wells ATP Masters, followed by this magnanimous win. "We come here to play in the United States for four weeks ... It gives you plenty time to recover. I love the hardcourts and it is my most preferred surface. In 2007 I won my first big title here in Miami," Djokovic said.
"I just started swinging freely and had good percentages on my first serves ... He had a hard time reading my serve," he added.
"I had a few game plans. I wanted to get out there and see what works the best. He serves and likes to move to the backhand corner. He runs around his backhand so that he opens the court for his opponent on forehand side," Djokovic concluded.
Top seed Rafael Nadal was keen to bag the title after losing final earlier for three times. But Djokovic simply didn't allow Nadal to stay ahead in the match and took every opportunity in due time to retain the glory.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’