ICC World T20 2014 Preview: Sri Lanka vs New Zealand Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Live Do-or Die Encounter
By Deepak Vikraman | March 31, 2014 4:55 PM EST
On Monday the final Group 1 ICC World T20 game's equation between Sri Lanka and New Zealand will be pretty simple - win you enter the semifinals, lose and you go home.
Where to Watch Live:
Read the report HERE
The game is scheduled for a 7.30 pm local time (7 pm IST, 1.30 pm GMT, 9.30 am ET) start with live coverage on Star Sports 1, Star Sports 3 and Star Sports HD1 in India. The match can be watched via live streaming online in India HERE. New Zealand viewers can live stream the action HERE, while Sri Lanka viewers can do the same HERE. The action in the US will be shown by ESPN with live streaming option HERE. Sky Sports 2 is the channel to watch in the UK, while you can also live stream the game HERE.
The match can be live streamed in Europe HERE, with the option for viewers in Canada HERE. To watch the match in Middle East click HERE, South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa viewers can go HERE, while Latin America viewers can do the same HERE. Viewers in Australia can catch all the action live online HERE. The match can be watched via live streaming in Pakistan HERE or HERE.
With both Sri Lanka and New Zealand having picked up two wins in their first three matches, the victor will take all the spoils and join South Africa in the final four from Group 1.
It always helps when you know exactly what you need to do to enter the knockout rounds of a major tournament, and therefore the contest on Monday evening promises to be a cracker.
"We have no choice but to win the match if we want to get qualified for the semifinals," stand-in captain Lasith Malinga said. "However, as a team, we're in very good shape, I mean mentally.
"If you look at the last few games that we played, we've played well to win them. In our recent tournaments, we've always won the crucial match and came into the finals. We handled that pressure well."
While dew has not been that much of a factor in Group 2 games in Mirpur, the same cannot be said of the ones in Chittagong, where the ground has looked more like a shallow swimming pool rather than a cricket ground.
So, there is no doubt that the dew will play a major factor, but Malinga believes, there is little room for excuses. "When we play night games we must know to use those conditions," he added. "We can't give excuses against a wet ball and things like that.
"That's my feeling as a bowler. In the bowling sometimes we are on top but in the last few overs against England we didn't do very well.
"Now it's in the past and we are looking forward to the next match. We had a good training session yesterday and today and we know how to adjust to situations like dew and when the ball becomes slippery. We are all prepared."
Sri Lanka made a rollicking start to their tournament, topping South Africa and then crushing the Netherlands, before running into an inspired batting performance from England, which put a dampener on their hopes of qualifying for the semifinals early.
New Zealand were perhaps a little lucky to pick up a victory over England with rain bringing an early end to the match and the former scampering home on the Duckworth/Lewis method. They threw a win against South Africa away, before showing enough resolve to see off the Netherlands.
"The nature of T20 is there's a lot of things you can't control and it one or two players step up, then we can beat anyone and we certainly have the players to do that," said New Zealand opener Kane Williamson, who has been in terrific form.
"We'll be going into the game with confidence and we have personnel to win this game. We know Sri Lanka have a very good side and have been playing good cricket throughout the group stage.
"We're yet to put together the complete performance that we know we're capable of, so if we can keep working on what we have been doing it would be nice to put it together [against Sri Lanka]."
Team news: Sri Lanka: Skipper Dinesh Chandimal has been suspended for this game due to a slow over rate in his previous match, and Malinga will step in. Lahiru Thirimanne, so impressive in the Asia Cup, will replace Chandimal.
Ajantha Mendis has blown hot and cold with mainly the latter feeling coming to the fore in this World T20, and with an experienced hand like Rangana Herath waiting in the wings, Mendis might find himself left out for the do-or-die match.
New Zealand: Trent Boult came in for Tim Southee against the Netherlands, and might keep his place, while Jimmy Neesham will also hope to be selected ahead of Colin Munro. Captain Brendon McCullum struggled with a back problem in his previous game, but the injury is not expected to keep him out of the lineup.
Expected lineups: Sri Lanka: Kusal Perera, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Mahela Jayawardene, Kumar Sangakkara, Lahiru Thirimanne, Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Sachitra Senanayake, Lasith Malinga (capt), Rangana Herath.
New Zealand: Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, Brendon McCullum (capt), Ross Taylor, Corey Anderson, James Neesham, Luke Ronchi, Nathan McCullum, Trent Boult, Mitchell McClenaghan, Kyle Mills.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown