Samsung Galaxy S5: 'Baby Crying Detector' Feature Discovered, Works When Paired with Samsung Gear Smartwatch
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 31, 2014 4:15 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 owners, who are parents, will be pleased to know that a baby monitor feature has been discovered incorporated in the smartphone's software. Tech bloggers did some digging and they have found out about the "Baby Crying Detector" feature in the device.
The Digital Trends report claims the discovery of the "Baby Crying Detector" feature came from tech blog SoyaCincau who also shared the screenshots of the smartphone's baby monitor function. In the shared screenshot, the message reads: "This function is intended to be used as a parenting aid and not as a medical device or a substitute for human care-giving."
The feature description still warned parents that they should not leave children unattended. Additionally, the description claimed that the feature will function best when the Samsung Galaxy S5 is placed one meter from the baby in a room without any background noise. Click HERE to see photo.
However, the report further noted that the recently discovered feature only works when paired with a Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch. According to the Gizmodo report, tech bloggers found the "Baby Crying Detector" feature in the accessibility menu of the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The feature uses the microphones in the Samsung Galaxy S5 in detecting a baby's cry then sends the vibrating alert to the paired Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Other impressive features found on the Samsung Galaxy S5 include a fingerprint reader and a heart-rate monitor.
"We didn't really get a chance to try out the feature ourselves but we were told that the Galaxy S5 needs to be paired with a Gear smartwatch for the detector to work. We'll surely explore this further once we get a Galaxy S5 for review," the SoyaCincau tech blog reads.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 features and specs include a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, Android KitKat 4.4.2 OS, the power of a quad-core 2.5GHz Krait 400 Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, a 16MP primary camera and a 2MP secondary camera.
Additional impressive features and specs are the internal storage capacities of 16 or 32GB that can be expanded up to 128GB through the available microSD card slot, 2GB of RAM and 2800mAh Li-Ion battery. As for the colour options, consumers can choose from the available black, white, blue and gold hues.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: One of the First Windows Phone 8.1 Handsets Expected to Appear at Teased Nokia Event on April 2 - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 2520: Windows Tablet's Power Keyboard Offered at AT&T and Verizon - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown