Disney Movie 'Frozen' Hits $1,072 Billion Revenue; Now the Highest-Grossing Animated Movie of All Time
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 31, 2014 3:53 PM EST
Gaining an estimated $1,072.4 billion worth of revenue, the 2013 hit Disney movie and Oscar winner "Frozen" climbs up to top 10, making the list of the "Top 10 Highest-Grossing Worldwide Movies" of all time, according to Box Office Mojo.
Cast member Kristen Bell poses at the premiere of "Frozen" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California November 19, 2013. The movie opens in the U.S. on November 27. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
With $398.4 million (37.2%) on domestic earnings and $674.0 million (62.8%) on overseas, the Oscar-winning movie got passed Disney/Pixar's animated movie "Toy Story 3" that has now gone down to number 12 with $1,063.2 billion revenue.
According to The New Yorker movie review written by Anthony Lane, the Disney movie "Frozen" had taken "extravagant care . . . with minutiae, and the directors, Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, whistle through the first twenty minutes of the plot with a controlled giddiness that would leave many live-action adventures staggering in their tracks."
Released in theatres on Nov. 27, 2013, the animated movie "Frozen" directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, featuring the voices of Kristin Bell (Anna), Idina Menzel (Elsa), Jonathan Groff (Kristoff), Josh Gad (Olaf) and more, had garnered both 89% likes from critics and from users on the Rotten Tomatoes Web site.
On the IMDb Web site, the Oscar-winning animated movie received an average rating of 7.9 out of 10 from 166,588 users. According to the Web site, "Frozen" had used up an estimated $150 million budget in making the film.
The gross reaching more than $1 billion, the animated movie was able to exceed its budget and gain staggering revenue that landed "Frozen" on the Top 10 highest-grossing movies of all time, and now climbs toward "The Dark Knight Rises" movie, which is currently on number 9 with $1,084.4 billion revenue.
Here is the complete list of the Top 10 Highest-Grossing Worldwide Movies of all time according to Box Office Mojo:
1. Avatar - $2,782.3
2. Titanic - $2,186.8
3. Marvel's The Avengers - $1,518.6
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - $1,341.5
5. Iron Man 3 - $1,215.4
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $1,123.8
7. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - $1,119.9
8. Skyfall - $1,108.6
9. The Dark Knight Rises - $1,084.4
10. Frozen - $1,072.4 (the most recent movie included in this list)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28