Disney Movie 'Frozen' Hits $1,072 Billion Revenue; Now the Highest-Grossing Animated Movie of All Time
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 31, 2014 3:53 PM EST
Gaining an estimated $1,072.4 billion worth of revenue, the 2013 hit Disney movie and Oscar winner "Frozen" climbs up to top 10, making the list of the "Top 10 Highest-Grossing Worldwide Movies" of all time, according to Box Office Mojo.
Cast member Kristen Bell poses at the premiere of "Frozen" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California November 19, 2013. The movie opens in the U.S. on November 27. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
With $398.4 million (37.2%) on domestic earnings and $674.0 million (62.8%) on overseas, the Oscar-winning movie got passed Disney/Pixar's animated movie "Toy Story 3" that has now gone down to number 12 with $1,063.2 billion revenue.
According to The New Yorker movie review written by Anthony Lane, the Disney movie "Frozen" had taken "extravagant care . . . with minutiae, and the directors, Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, whistle through the first twenty minutes of the plot with a controlled giddiness that would leave many live-action adventures staggering in their tracks."
Released in theatres on Nov. 27, 2013, the animated movie "Frozen" directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, featuring the voices of Kristin Bell (Anna), Idina Menzel (Elsa), Jonathan Groff (Kristoff), Josh Gad (Olaf) and more, had garnered both 89% likes from critics and from users on the Rotten Tomatoes Web site.
On the IMDb Web site, the Oscar-winning animated movie received an average rating of 7.9 out of 10 from 166,588 users. According to the Web site, "Frozen" had used up an estimated $150 million budget in making the film.
The gross reaching more than $1 billion, the animated movie was able to exceed its budget and gain staggering revenue that landed "Frozen" on the Top 10 highest-grossing movies of all time, and now climbs toward "The Dark Knight Rises" movie, which is currently on number 9 with $1,084.4 billion revenue.
Here is the complete list of the Top 10 Highest-Grossing Worldwide Movies of all time according to Box Office Mojo:
1. Avatar - $2,782.3
2. Titanic - $2,186.8
3. Marvel's The Avengers - $1,518.6
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - $1,341.5
5. Iron Man 3 - $1,215.4
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $1,123.8
7. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - $1,119.9
8. Skyfall - $1,108.6
9. The Dark Knight Rises - $1,084.4
10. Frozen - $1,072.4 (the most recent movie included in this list)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6