NBA Trades 2014: Lakers Preparing To Send Lottery Pick For Kevin Love
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 31, 2014 3:50 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers' patience in their rebuilding efforts is apparently running out. According to sources, the Lakers are planning to use their first-round lottery pick as a trade chip in a trade with Minnesota Timberwolves for All-Star forward Kevin Love.
The Love-to-Lakers rumors caught fire again this weekend following reports about the purple-and-gold front office management plan to use their one remaining trade asset for Love, who could opt out from the final year of his contract at the end of next season.
"The suggestion is already in circulation that the Lakers will attempt to use their forthcoming high lottery pick in June to assemble the sort of trade package that finally convinces the Wolves to part with Love and end the uncertainty that hangs over this franchise even before the 25-year-old enters the final year of his contract."
Though there are reports that the Wolves still have no interest in trading Love despite the possibility of losing him without compensation in 2015. However, things can change quickly once they finally know that Love has no intention of re-signing with his current ball club.
The T-Wolves has plans to change their coaching personnel, with Rick Adelman likely to step out from the final year of his four-year deal. There are speculations the team could trap Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg or the return of president for basketball operation Flip Saunders to his coaching duties.
The Wolves last reached the postseason in 2004, the time when Saunders guided the Kevin Garnett-led Wolves to the Western Conference finals.
"The obvious response is Saunders, part-owner as well as team prez, heading downstairs to reclaim his old floor seat to see if he can be the guy who finally brings a halt to the league's longest postseason drought, which dates to the Wolves' 2004 Western Conference finals team coached by Saunders," ESPN reported.
"There is also another textbook candidate out there for Minnesota to chase with long-standing Wolves ties: Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg."
According to sources, the Lakers are very much willing to send a package centered around their first-round pick, which will allow them to select one of the elite freshmen available in the loaded 2014 NBA Draft.
For now, everything is speculation, but trade rumor will heat up again this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone