Liverpool Crushed Tottenham in the Premier League
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 31, 2014 3:49 PM EST
In the Premier League championship, Liverpool defeated Tottenham Hotspur by 4-0 which led to the losers exit from the tournament.
Liverpool's players celebrate after their English Premier League soccer match against Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield in Liverpool, northern England March 30, 2014
The ill omen seemed to be hovering over Tottenham's team when right during the start of the play, when Younes Kaboul made an unpardonable mistake to make a self-side goal, giving Liverpool an easy lead.
This first goal was well enough to ramshackle Hotspurs' nerve, when in 25 minutes of first-half, the second goal was scored by the Uruguayan striker Luis Suárez. This is his 29th goal for the season.
At the second half, Liverpool's rampage was back again when in 55 minutes Coutinho made no mistake as he led his way bypassing the defense and placed a brilliant shot at the goal.
The destruction went on as midfielder Jordan Henderson scored the fourth goal of the match in 75 minutes from a calculated low free-kick which touched Suarez, but could not stop the ball passing into the net.
"The idea was to stay in the game as long as we could but at 2-0 the game is dead and buried... does appear we have a problem against the top four. The statistics don't lie. We have to address it. To go where we need to go, we need to get points from those above us." an embittered Tim Sherwood said in light of the loss of his team.
"I am not shirking responsibility. But at 3-0, it was time to take step back and assess because our performances against the top four have not been good enough." he further added.
Overall, it was Liverpool that ruled the match while Tottenham from their first mistake was unable to get the groove which they tried in every way they could.
The win put Liverpool at the first position in the chart followed by Chelsea in second and Manchester City in third position.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown