Liverpool Crushed Tottenham in the Premier League
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 31, 2014 3:49 PM EST
In the Premier League championship, Liverpool defeated Tottenham Hotspur by 4-0 which led to the losers exit from the tournament.
Liverpool's players celebrate after their English Premier League soccer match against Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield in Liverpool, northern England March 30, 2014
The ill omen seemed to be hovering over Tottenham's team when right during the start of the play, when Younes Kaboul made an unpardonable mistake to make a self-side goal, giving Liverpool an easy lead.
This first goal was well enough to ramshackle Hotspurs' nerve, when in 25 minutes of first-half, the second goal was scored by the Uruguayan striker Luis Suárez. This is his 29th goal for the season.
At the second half, Liverpool's rampage was back again when in 55 minutes Coutinho made no mistake as he led his way bypassing the defense and placed a brilliant shot at the goal.
The destruction went on as midfielder Jordan Henderson scored the fourth goal of the match in 75 minutes from a calculated low free-kick which touched Suarez, but could not stop the ball passing into the net.
"The idea was to stay in the game as long as we could but at 2-0 the game is dead and buried... does appear we have a problem against the top four. The statistics don't lie. We have to address it. To go where we need to go, we need to get points from those above us." an embittered Tim Sherwood said in light of the loss of his team.
"I am not shirking responsibility. But at 3-0, it was time to take step back and assess because our performances against the top four have not been good enough." he further added.
Overall, it was Liverpool that ruled the match while Tottenham from their first mistake was unable to get the groove which they tried in every way they could.
The win put Liverpool at the first position in the chart followed by Chelsea in second and Manchester City in third position.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup