Liverpool Crushed Tottenham in the Premier League
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 31, 2014 3:49 PM EST
In the Premier League championship, Liverpool defeated Tottenham Hotspur by 4-0 which led to the losers exit from the tournament.
Liverpool's players celebrate after their English Premier League soccer match against Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield in Liverpool, northern England March 30, 2014
The ill omen seemed to be hovering over Tottenham's team when right during the start of the play, when Younes Kaboul made an unpardonable mistake to make a self-side goal, giving Liverpool an easy lead.
This first goal was well enough to ramshackle Hotspurs' nerve, when in 25 minutes of first-half, the second goal was scored by the Uruguayan striker Luis Suárez. This is his 29th goal for the season.
At the second half, Liverpool's rampage was back again when in 55 minutes Coutinho made no mistake as he led his way bypassing the defense and placed a brilliant shot at the goal.
The destruction went on as midfielder Jordan Henderson scored the fourth goal of the match in 75 minutes from a calculated low free-kick which touched Suarez, but could not stop the ball passing into the net.
"The idea was to stay in the game as long as we could but at 2-0 the game is dead and buried... does appear we have a problem against the top four. The statistics don't lie. We have to address it. To go where we need to go, we need to get points from those above us." an embittered Tim Sherwood said in light of the loss of his team.
"I am not shirking responsibility. But at 3-0, it was time to take step back and assess because our performances against the top four have not been good enough." he further added.
Overall, it was Liverpool that ruled the match while Tottenham from their first mistake was unable to get the groove which they tried in every way they could.
The win put Liverpool at the first position in the chart followed by Chelsea in second and Manchester City in third position.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them