Liverpool Crushed Tottenham in the Premier League
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 31, 2014 3:49 PM EST
In the Premier League championship, Liverpool defeated Tottenham Hotspur by 4-0 which led to the losers exit from the tournament.
Liverpool's players celebrate after their English Premier League soccer match against Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield in Liverpool, northern England March 30, 2014
The ill omen seemed to be hovering over Tottenham's team when right during the start of the play, when Younes Kaboul made an unpardonable mistake to make a self-side goal, giving Liverpool an easy lead.
This first goal was well enough to ramshackle Hotspurs' nerve, when in 25 minutes of first-half, the second goal was scored by the Uruguayan striker Luis Suárez. This is his 29th goal for the season.
At the second half, Liverpool's rampage was back again when in 55 minutes Coutinho made no mistake as he led his way bypassing the defense and placed a brilliant shot at the goal.
The destruction went on as midfielder Jordan Henderson scored the fourth goal of the match in 75 minutes from a calculated low free-kick which touched Suarez, but could not stop the ball passing into the net.
"The idea was to stay in the game as long as we could but at 2-0 the game is dead and buried... does appear we have a problem against the top four. The statistics don't lie. We have to address it. To go where we need to go, we need to get points from those above us." an embittered Tim Sherwood said in light of the loss of his team.
"I am not shirking responsibility. But at 3-0, it was time to take step back and assess because our performances against the top four have not been good enough." he further added.
Overall, it was Liverpool that ruled the match while Tottenham from their first mistake was unable to get the groove which they tried in every way they could.
The win put Liverpool at the first position in the chart followed by Chelsea in second and Manchester City in third position.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate