Liverpool Crushed Tottenham in the Premier League
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 31, 2014 3:49 PM EST
In the Premier League championship, Liverpool defeated Tottenham Hotspur by 4-0 which led to the losers exit from the tournament.
Liverpool's players celebrate after their English Premier League soccer match against Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield in Liverpool, northern England March 30, 2014
The ill omen seemed to be hovering over Tottenham's team when right during the start of the play, when Younes Kaboul made an unpardonable mistake to make a self-side goal, giving Liverpool an easy lead.
This first goal was well enough to ramshackle Hotspurs' nerve, when in 25 minutes of first-half, the second goal was scored by the Uruguayan striker Luis Suárez. This is his 29th goal for the season.
At the second half, Liverpool's rampage was back again when in 55 minutes Coutinho made no mistake as he led his way bypassing the defense and placed a brilliant shot at the goal.
The destruction went on as midfielder Jordan Henderson scored the fourth goal of the match in 75 minutes from a calculated low free-kick which touched Suarez, but could not stop the ball passing into the net.
"The idea was to stay in the game as long as we could but at 2-0 the game is dead and buried... does appear we have a problem against the top four. The statistics don't lie. We have to address it. To go where we need to go, we need to get points from those above us." an embittered Tim Sherwood said in light of the loss of his team.
"I am not shirking responsibility. But at 3-0, it was time to take step back and assess because our performances against the top four have not been good enough." he further added.
Overall, it was Liverpool that ruled the match while Tottenham from their first mistake was unable to get the groove which they tried in every way they could.
The win put Liverpool at the first position in the chart followed by Chelsea in second and Manchester City in third position.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report