Lily Allen Thinks Vogue Makes the Right Decision to Put Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on Cover
By Annie Dee | March 31, 2014 3:13 PM EST
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have received so much flak and criticisms all throughout their careers, but none has sparked so much comments and opinions than Vogue's decision to choose them as this month's cover. While many are angry and disappointed, Lily Allen defended the cover and even said that in today's generation, Vogue's decision to choose the power couple is profitable. In fact, she predicts Vogue's controversial Kim and Kanye cover will be the best-selling one in five years. Surely, Lily Allen has high regards for the reality star.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are planning a Vegas wedding
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's cover on Vogue sparked various reactions, both positive and negative. It caught the ire of many Vogue readers and fans because they do not think the two icons and Vogue mix well together, especially since the magazine has always featured anyone who has something to represent in the designer industry, which Kim and Kanye are said to not have.
Others just think the picture on the cover is not done properly, especially for such a prestigious magazine like Vogue. However, there are also some who think Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are worthy of being on the cover and they are the icons of this generation, Vogue is merely recognizing this, including Lily Allen.
According to the comeback singer, this decision of Vogue can be treated as celebrity kitsch and claimed: "It is like 'we are in the know'." She also added: "I think that all industries that can be taken advantage of by the internet now, there is no time for irony, it is like what the f**k is going to sell?" She further added, "And I bet you it is the biggest selling cover they have had in five years." Mirror UK reports.
Mirror UK also reported Lily Allen said she should be the next one on the cover when asked who Vogue should put on the coveted cover next in a joking manner.
Kim Kardashian has certainly become an enigmatic icon of this generation already. "The thing about Kim Kardashian, the Kardashian clan, and Kanye West is that people are just hypnotized by them for some reason," Valerie Greenberg of You'veBeenVALidated.com shared with FOX411. "Whether you love them or hate them, one thing is true, they create conversation."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports