Lily Allen Thinks Vogue Makes the Right Decision to Put Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on Cover
By Annie Dee | March 31, 2014 3:13 PM EST
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have received so much flak and criticisms all throughout their careers, but none has sparked so much comments and opinions than Vogue's decision to choose them as this month's cover. While many are angry and disappointed, Lily Allen defended the cover and even said that in today's generation, Vogue's decision to choose the power couple is profitable. In fact, she predicts Vogue's controversial Kim and Kanye cover will be the best-selling one in five years. Surely, Lily Allen has high regards for the reality star.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are planning a Vegas wedding
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's cover on Vogue sparked various reactions, both positive and negative. It caught the ire of many Vogue readers and fans because they do not think the two icons and Vogue mix well together, especially since the magazine has always featured anyone who has something to represent in the designer industry, which Kim and Kanye are said to not have.
Others just think the picture on the cover is not done properly, especially for such a prestigious magazine like Vogue. However, there are also some who think Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are worthy of being on the cover and they are the icons of this generation, Vogue is merely recognizing this, including Lily Allen.
According to the comeback singer, this decision of Vogue can be treated as celebrity kitsch and claimed: "It is like 'we are in the know'." She also added: "I think that all industries that can be taken advantage of by the internet now, there is no time for irony, it is like what the f**k is going to sell?" She further added, "And I bet you it is the biggest selling cover they have had in five years." Mirror UK reports.
Mirror UK also reported Lily Allen said she should be the next one on the cover when asked who Vogue should put on the coveted cover next in a joking manner.
Kim Kardashian has certainly become an enigmatic icon of this generation already. "The thing about Kim Kardashian, the Kardashian clan, and Kanye West is that people are just hypnotized by them for some reason," Valerie Greenberg of You'veBeenVALidated.com shared with FOX411. "Whether you love them or hate them, one thing is true, they create conversation."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions