Lily Allen Thinks Vogue Makes the Right Decision to Put Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on Cover
By Annie Dee | March 31, 2014 3:13 PM EST
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have received so much flak and criticisms all throughout their careers, but none has sparked so much comments and opinions than Vogue's decision to choose them as this month's cover. While many are angry and disappointed, Lily Allen defended the cover and even said that in today's generation, Vogue's decision to choose the power couple is profitable. In fact, she predicts Vogue's controversial Kim and Kanye cover will be the best-selling one in five years. Surely, Lily Allen has high regards for the reality star.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are planning a Vegas wedding
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's cover on Vogue sparked various reactions, both positive and negative. It caught the ire of many Vogue readers and fans because they do not think the two icons and Vogue mix well together, especially since the magazine has always featured anyone who has something to represent in the designer industry, which Kim and Kanye are said to not have.
Others just think the picture on the cover is not done properly, especially for such a prestigious magazine like Vogue. However, there are also some who think Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are worthy of being on the cover and they are the icons of this generation, Vogue is merely recognizing this, including Lily Allen.
According to the comeback singer, this decision of Vogue can be treated as celebrity kitsch and claimed: "It is like 'we are in the know'." She also added: "I think that all industries that can be taken advantage of by the internet now, there is no time for irony, it is like what the f**k is going to sell?" She further added, "And I bet you it is the biggest selling cover they have had in five years." Mirror UK reports.
Mirror UK also reported Lily Allen said she should be the next one on the cover when asked who Vogue should put on the coveted cover next in a joking manner.
Kim Kardashian has certainly become an enigmatic icon of this generation already. "The thing about Kim Kardashian, the Kardashian clan, and Kanye West is that people are just hypnotized by them for some reason," Valerie Greenberg of You'veBeenVALidated.com shared with FOX411. "Whether you love them or hate them, one thing is true, they create conversation."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers