Lily Allen Thinks Vogue Makes the Right Decision to Put Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on Cover
By Annie Dee | March 31, 2014 3:13 PM EST
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have received so much flak and criticisms all throughout their careers, but none has sparked so much comments and opinions than Vogue's decision to choose them as this month's cover. While many are angry and disappointed, Lily Allen defended the cover and even said that in today's generation, Vogue's decision to choose the power couple is profitable. In fact, she predicts Vogue's controversial Kim and Kanye cover will be the best-selling one in five years. Surely, Lily Allen has high regards for the reality star.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are planning a Vegas wedding
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's cover on Vogue sparked various reactions, both positive and negative. It caught the ire of many Vogue readers and fans because they do not think the two icons and Vogue mix well together, especially since the magazine has always featured anyone who has something to represent in the designer industry, which Kim and Kanye are said to not have.
Others just think the picture on the cover is not done properly, especially for such a prestigious magazine like Vogue. However, there are also some who think Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are worthy of being on the cover and they are the icons of this generation, Vogue is merely recognizing this, including Lily Allen.
According to the comeback singer, this decision of Vogue can be treated as celebrity kitsch and claimed: "It is like 'we are in the know'." She also added: "I think that all industries that can be taken advantage of by the internet now, there is no time for irony, it is like what the f**k is going to sell?" She further added, "And I bet you it is the biggest selling cover they have had in five years." Mirror UK reports.
Mirror UK also reported Lily Allen said she should be the next one on the cover when asked who Vogue should put on the coveted cover next in a joking manner.
Kim Kardashian has certainly become an enigmatic icon of this generation already. "The thing about Kim Kardashian, the Kardashian clan, and Kanye West is that people are just hypnotized by them for some reason," Valerie Greenberg of You'veBeenVALidated.com shared with FOX411. "Whether you love them or hate them, one thing is true, they create conversation."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate