SNL Parody: Obama Kisses Justin Bieber; Seeks Help from Harry Styles, Kim Kardasian for Obamacare [VIDEO]
By Keerthi Mohan | March 31, 2014 3:03 PM EST
Monday is the deadline for youngsters to sign up for coverage on Healthcare.gov, and Saturday Night Live did a skit on President Barack Obama’s various efforts to increase sign ups, which saw him team up with Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian and Harry Styles.
The skit had Jay Pharoah playing the President, who along with his social media expert (Noel Wells) arranges various online content to get youngsters sign up for insurance coverage. Obama appears happy that his appearance on “Between Two Ferns” helped create a lot of buzz for Obamacare, and expresses a desire to repeat the success.
This prompts Obama’s social media advisors asking him to do several ridiculous stunts to appeal to potential Obamacare users. And one of the stunts has the President sharing a kiss with Bieber.
“We want you to kiss Justin Bieber on the lips,” Obama’s social media manager says, to which Obama promptly says he wouldn’t sink to such a low.
“I guess I’ll kiss the President.. the President probably don’t wanna kiss me,” says the actor playing Bieber. But later, Obama gives in to the pressure and kisses the Canadian pop star. “Sir, that was beautiful,” the social media expert says after the kiss, adding, “You made history.”
Obama’s other attempts to reach out to youngsters included snapping a selfie with Kardashian and One Direction member Styles in an bid to break Ellen DeGeneres’ Twitter record, and wearing Pharrell Williams’ hat while puffing on an e-cigarette. Another outrageous stunt saw the President dancing with Pope Francis for a Vine video, all in the name of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare.
While Obama constantly voices out his apprehension regarding the “silly” measures his staff prompts him to do, they remind him that he was the one who brought in Obamacare.
“I’m not sure about this.. isn’t it a little silly?,” Obama questions when told that his Instagram picture has been liked 152,000 times. But his staff member, Mike, answers: “Right now there is a pregnant woman in Denver who has no health insurance -- that's silly.”
Mike has several similar reasons when Obama questions the social media exercise. Watch the video below.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown