SNL Parody: Obama Kisses Justin Bieber; Seeks Help from Harry Styles, Kim Kardasian for Obamacare [VIDEO]
By Keerthi Mohan | March 31, 2014 3:03 PM EST
Monday is the deadline for youngsters to sign up for coverage on Healthcare.gov, and Saturday Night Live did a skit on President Barack Obama’s various efforts to increase sign ups, which saw him team up with Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian and Harry Styles.
The skit had Jay Pharoah playing the President, who along with his social media expert (Noel Wells) arranges various online content to get youngsters sign up for insurance coverage. Obama appears happy that his appearance on “Between Two Ferns” helped create a lot of buzz for Obamacare, and expresses a desire to repeat the success.
This prompts Obama’s social media advisors asking him to do several ridiculous stunts to appeal to potential Obamacare users. And one of the stunts has the President sharing a kiss with Bieber.
“We want you to kiss Justin Bieber on the lips,” Obama’s social media manager says, to which Obama promptly says he wouldn’t sink to such a low.
“I guess I’ll kiss the President.. the President probably don’t wanna kiss me,” says the actor playing Bieber. But later, Obama gives in to the pressure and kisses the Canadian pop star. “Sir, that was beautiful,” the social media expert says after the kiss, adding, “You made history.”
Obama’s other attempts to reach out to youngsters included snapping a selfie with Kardashian and One Direction member Styles in an bid to break Ellen DeGeneres’ Twitter record, and wearing Pharrell Williams’ hat while puffing on an e-cigarette. Another outrageous stunt saw the President dancing with Pope Francis for a Vine video, all in the name of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare.
While Obama constantly voices out his apprehension regarding the “silly” measures his staff prompts him to do, they remind him that he was the one who brought in Obamacare.
“I’m not sure about this.. isn’t it a little silly?,” Obama questions when told that his Instagram picture has been liked 152,000 times. But his staff member, Mike, answers: “Right now there is a pregnant woman in Denver who has no health insurance -- that's silly.”
Mike has several similar reasons when Obama questions the social media exercise. Watch the video below.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS