Harry Potter Spin-Off, ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them,’ will be a Trilogy!
By charmaine corne clutton | March 31, 2014 2:38 PM EST
J.K Rowling's book, "The Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," is a spin-off from here bestselling fictional series, "Harry Potter."
The book is about the weird creatures in the wizarding world and how they were listed as for students at the prestigious magical school for Witches and Wizards, "Hogwarts." The book is known as one of the textbooks that the students from "Harry Potter," studied and Rowling has allowed Warner to have a movie on the book.
The book is said to be a trilogy and "Harry Potter" fans will surely be happy to see that J.K Rowling's wild imagination will be made into a movie.
The original cast of "Harry Potter," will not be on the movie as it is set a few years back before Harry, Ron and Hermoine were born.
The New York Times interviewed CEO of Warner Bros, Kevin Tsujihara about the movie. That is when Warner announced that Ms Rowling had agreed to adapt for the big screen her "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," a 2001 book billed as one of Harry Potter's Hogwarts textbooks.
Three megamovies are planned. The main character will be a "magizoologist" named Newt Scamander. The stories, neither prequels or sequels, will start in New York about seven decades before the arrival of Mr Potter and his pals.
Rowling had also given her thoughts on the movie adaptation as reported by the Huffington Post saying,
"When I say he made 'Fantastic Beasts' happen, it isn't P.R.-speak but the literal truth, We had one dinner, a follow-up telephone call, and then I got out the rough draft that I'd thought was going to be an interesting bit of memorabilia for my kids and started rewriting!"
Fans can now await the upcoming movie that will surely take everyone back to the magical world of "Harry Potter."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS