Cate Blanchett and Mara Rooney Involved in Car Accident on “Carol” Set
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 31, 2014 1:57 PM EST
Cate Blanchett and fellow actress Rooney Mara figured in a car accident during filming of their new movie "Carol."
The actresses were in a vintage Dodge car in the Cincinnati shoot. Ms Blanchett was on the driver's seat, taking control of the vehicle. The car is running smoothly until the "Blue Jasmine" actress hit the brakes and found out that it is not functioning. The fear of a possible crash sent the two "screaming at the top of their lungs," according to a Daily Mail UK report.
Cate Blanchett, best actress nominee for her role in "Blue Jasmine," wears a nude Armani gown with metallic embellishments as she arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2.
Ms Blanchett pumped the pedal as fast as she could but her efforts failed, speeding past the "Carol" crew who went into the side of the road after finishing the shoot. However, the actress' determination to stop the vehicle emerged, and with all her strength pulled the wheel to the right and finally stopped the car.
The vintage Dodge spun on the icy street before slamming into a wooden fence, a source says. The crew clamoured to the actresses' aid and cameraman dialled 911 for assistance. Cate, on the other hand, confirmed to the crew that they (she and Mara) are okay, but the car is not fine.
Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara are said to be relieved when the director informed them that the take of the scene came out perfect and there is no need for a reshoot.
"Carol" is a lesbian-romance film set in the 1950s New York starring Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara. Ms Blanchett will play the title role (Carol) in a story of a young woman (Mara) who fell in love with Carol after spotting her in a department store.
Death and accidents while on the middle of the filming is not new among Hollywood actors and actresses. Recent cases are of Philip Seymour Hoffman who had filmed most of his scenes in the "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay" when he was found dead in his apartment; another is the case of Paul Walker who died in a car crash while the "Fast & Furious 7" is still set on production.
Ms Blanchett and Ms Mara's car accident is literally in the "middle" of the filming. Ms Blanchett's presence of mind in such terrifying brake failure, and successfully stopping the car is noteworthy. It is good news that they are both doing well after the incident.
Australian Cate Blanchett made headlines in Oscars 2014 for bringing home the Best Actress award beating Amy Adams, Judi Dench, Sandra Bullock, and Meryl Streep.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet