Woman Gets $25,000 Worth Plastic Surgery to Look Like Jennifer Lawrence
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 31, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence is one of the most in-demand Hollywood actress today. At 23, she already won an Academy Award, starred various blockbuster films, and has millions of fans supporting her endeavours. However, Kitty, a 30 year-old mother and dog-trainer, stood out from the rest, bringing her adoration for Ms Lawrence into a different level by spending $25,000 worth of plastic surgery to look like her idol.
Jennifer Lawrence, best supporting actress nominee for her role in "American Hustle," arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Kitty shares in ABC News that she appreciates Jennifer Lawrence's personality, saying that it is "spunky and fun," and her "body is banging." She credits Ms Lawrence for being capable, level-headed, and for her achievement as an Academy Award winner.
Getting plastic surgery to look like a celebrity is not new these days. One case is of Toby Sheldon who spent $100,000 and endured operations for 5 years to look like Justin Bieber. While some people are questioning cosmetic surgery patients for their decision to go under the knife to look like celebrity, Kitty considers her decision as self-empowerment.
"I am a strong woman. I am in charge of how I look and I can change that and then change that again if I want," Kitty shared in an interview.
Kitty got her surgery in February in a hospital in Texas. She endured six hours of operation inclusive of liposuction (face and body), fat grafting (cheeks and buttocks), breast augmentation, and rhinoplasty. She took several weeks on post-operation recovery, but is glad that she made the change.
"The more I've looked at her, the more I've realized that her features are sort of my features but more refined," added Kitty.
Plastic surgery comes with complications, and it is a decision that must be critically thought of and consulted with a professional. Cases of going abroad to have cosmetic surgery is also a growing trend nowadays, with more people going to Thailand or South Korea to get a "new look."
Dr Franklin Rose, Kitty's surgeon could attest how many patients would want to undergo plastic surgery, but not all are potential candidates. He shares that in his long experience as a surgeon, there are cases that he has to decline because some patients are not well-adjusted with the complications the surgery might present.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Airborne Version of Ebola Virus Could Wipe Out 1.2 Million; Aussie Doctor Appeals For Help
- Justin Bieber Strips for Fashion Week, Flashes Six Pack Abs: His Diet and Workout Secrets
- Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Glow Returns; Rumour Mill Suggests That Kim Is Pregnant
- Research Finds African Americans and Caribbean Blacks Experiencing Discrimination are at a Greater Risk for Mental Disorders
- Joan Rivers May Have Died From Propofol Like Michael Jackson
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet