Kids' Choice Awards 2014: Selena Gomez's Speech, Who Gets Slimed and Other Highlights from the Show
By Riza Ornos | March 31, 2014 12:51 PM EST
The 27th annual Kids' Choice Awards wrapped up with 20,000 gallons unleashed, as Hollywood's biggest personalities get slimed on stage. Hosted by Mark Wahlberg, the 2014 KCA is packed with surprises that the entire crowd went home with a smile on their faces, while the winners got a chance to take home the famous orange blimp.
Now hailed as the KCA's best host ever, Wahlberg surprises everyone with his jokes and killer shoes, and finished the show with the longest slime in the history of KCA slimes. With his family in the audience, the actor managed to have everyone excited when he featured a preview of his upcoming movie, "Transformers 4."
"I can't believe my own kids turned on me," yelled Wahlberg after he was covered with slime.
Meanwhile, awarded as this year's Favourite Female Singer, Selena Gomez gave one of the most beautiful speeches of the night, as she thanked all her fans for supporting her. "Thank you so much. This has been such an amazing year already for me," says the "Spring Breakers" star in her acceptance speech.
"I just have to say that you guys have been the most loyal, dedicated people in my life, because you continuously, every year, bless me with the opportunity to do what I love, so thank you so much. You guys are awesome, and this is for you. So, thank you," she added.
"Iron Man" star Robert Downey Jr. took home the Best Male Buttkicker award and got all inspirational during his acceptance speech. "This is the highest honor yet bestowed on me. I'm grateful, humble, the whole deal," says the actor.
"You know I wasn't always a buttkicker. In fact, life has kicked my proverbial butt countless times in many ways for many years, until I decided one day to start kicking back. Now look at me!," he added.
One of the highlights of the show is when Cody Simpson and Austin Mahone got slimed simultaneously. The two Nickelodeon stars, as well as "Big Bang Theory" actress Kaley Cuoco and Pharell Williams, got all cover with slime, as they presented an award.
The "Happy" singer took the slime like a champ, clearly anticipating the green surprise by wearing a yellow SpongeBob onesie. Kevin Hart, Lea Michele, Chris Evans, Katy Perry and Any Samberg are among the many stars who attended the orange carpet event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales