Kids' Choice Awards 2014: Selena Gomez's Speech, Who Gets Slimed and Other Highlights from the Show
By Riza Ornos | March 31, 2014 12:51 PM EST
The 27th annual Kids' Choice Awards wrapped up with 20,000 gallons unleashed, as Hollywood's biggest personalities get slimed on stage. Hosted by Mark Wahlberg, the 2014 KCA is packed with surprises that the entire crowd went home with a smile on their faces, while the winners got a chance to take home the famous orange blimp.
Now hailed as the KCA's best host ever, Wahlberg surprises everyone with his jokes and killer shoes, and finished the show with the longest slime in the history of KCA slimes. With his family in the audience, the actor managed to have everyone excited when he featured a preview of his upcoming movie, "Transformers 4."
"I can't believe my own kids turned on me," yelled Wahlberg after he was covered with slime.
Meanwhile, awarded as this year's Favourite Female Singer, Selena Gomez gave one of the most beautiful speeches of the night, as she thanked all her fans for supporting her. "Thank you so much. This has been such an amazing year already for me," says the "Spring Breakers" star in her acceptance speech.
"I just have to say that you guys have been the most loyal, dedicated people in my life, because you continuously, every year, bless me with the opportunity to do what I love, so thank you so much. You guys are awesome, and this is for you. So, thank you," she added.
"Iron Man" star Robert Downey Jr. took home the Best Male Buttkicker award and got all inspirational during his acceptance speech. "This is the highest honor yet bestowed on me. I'm grateful, humble, the whole deal," says the actor.
"You know I wasn't always a buttkicker. In fact, life has kicked my proverbial butt countless times in many ways for many years, until I decided one day to start kicking back. Now look at me!," he added.
One of the highlights of the show is when Cody Simpson and Austin Mahone got slimed simultaneously. The two Nickelodeon stars, as well as "Big Bang Theory" actress Kaley Cuoco and Pharell Williams, got all cover with slime, as they presented an award.
The "Happy" singer took the slime like a champ, clearly anticipating the green surprise by wearing a yellow SpongeBob onesie. Kevin Hart, Lea Michele, Chris Evans, Katy Perry and Any Samberg are among the many stars who attended the orange carpet event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand