Kate Upton Tell-All Vogue Interview – Social Media, Being Fat, Priority, ‘The Other Woman Role,’ Braless New Ad
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 31, 2014 12:34 PM EST
Kate Upton is featured on the latest issue of Vogue Magazine, which has also featured the soon-to-be married couple Kanye West and Kim Kardashian on its cover. Upton did a series of photo shoots photographed by world-renowned Peruvian fashion photographer Mario Testino, whose works have also been featured in Vanity Fair. In her Vogue feature, Upton discussed and pretty much talked about everything that made her "America's favourite bombshell" these days.
Kate Upton arrives for the 50 Years of Beautiful broadcast special show in Los Angeles [Reuters/David McNew]
As told by fashion writer Lizzie Widdicombe, Upton has worked hard to achieve success in her field of work. She has emerged from being just an "obscure Florida model" to being in the same league as other supermodels like Giselle Bundchen, Kate Moss, and Naomi Campbell.
On Social Media
Upton now takes part in social media networking applications such as Twitter and Vine. According to the 21-year-old Sports Illustrated Model, when she's tweeting, she is just sharing her life to her nearly a million followers. "I like it if it's authentic and in the moment and happening," Upton said.
On Her Critics Claiming She's Fat
Some critics claim that Upton is fat. She said that it was hard for her to deal with those criticisms in the beginning but she has gotten around shrugging them off and just take pride with the kind of body that she has. "The things that they're rejecting are things that I can't change," Upton said. She added and explained that she can't change the size of her breasts because they are natural. "I love my body, it's what God gave me," Upton said. "I feel confident with myself, and if that inspires other women to feel great with their bodies, great!"
Twenty-First Century Model
Three years later after she fled to New York with one goal, and that is to become a successful model. She gained success because she worked on her goals. Upton said that she wasn't reluctant to call different modeling agencies. Upton is currently signed with IMG Models, and she made it happen by calling the front desk of the said modeling agency and talked them into setting up a meeting with an agent. "I figured out a path I wanted to take to accomplish those goals. If that meant calling the best modeling agency in the world, that's what it meant."
IMG's Senior Vice President Ivan Bart calls Upton a "twenty-first century model," all attributed to her confidence and ambition to achieve her goals.
To maintain her voluptuous and rounded figure, Upton reveals that she only eats "anything that flies or swims." She only eats fish or chicken, in addition to vegetables.
Upton, as she has pointed out, has goals and she is working to achieve those goals. Into the future, Upton revealed that she would like to have her own lingerie line and do other side hustles, such as acting. She stars in the new movie The Other Woman, alongside Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann. Speaking to Empire Magazine as reported by The Belfast Telegraph, Mann said that Upton is a complete natural. "It's weird, she walked in the first day and it was like, BAM," Mann said.
As for Upton, she revealed that she wasn't nervous as she thought she would be. "They made me feel really welcome, like I could mess up."
Read more of Upton's Vogue feature here.
Upton recently had another photo shoot for the 2014 Sam Edelman Spring/Summer Campaign, Hollywood Tuna reported. She posed with horses braless, revealing her cleavage. Before she delved into modeling, Upton was an equestrian, so she sure didn't mind posing with horses in photo shoots.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS