Kate Upton Tell-All Vogue Interview – Social Media, Being Fat, Priority, ‘The Other Woman Role,’ Braless New Ad
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 31, 2014 12:34 PM EST
Kate Upton is featured on the latest issue of Vogue Magazine, which has also featured the soon-to-be married couple Kanye West and Kim Kardashian on its cover. Upton did a series of photo shoots photographed by world-renowned Peruvian fashion photographer Mario Testino, whose works have also been featured in Vanity Fair. In her Vogue feature, Upton discussed and pretty much talked about everything that made her "America's favourite bombshell" these days.
Kate Upton arrives for the 50 Years of Beautiful broadcast special show in Los Angeles [Reuters/David McNew]
As told by fashion writer Lizzie Widdicombe, Upton has worked hard to achieve success in her field of work. She has emerged from being just an "obscure Florida model" to being in the same league as other supermodels like Giselle Bundchen, Kate Moss, and Naomi Campbell.
On Social Media
Upton now takes part in social media networking applications such as Twitter and Vine. According to the 21-year-old Sports Illustrated Model, when she's tweeting, she is just sharing her life to her nearly a million followers. "I like it if it's authentic and in the moment and happening," Upton said.
On Her Critics Claiming She's Fat
Some critics claim that Upton is fat. She said that it was hard for her to deal with those criticisms in the beginning but she has gotten around shrugging them off and just take pride with the kind of body that she has. "The things that they're rejecting are things that I can't change," Upton said. She added and explained that she can't change the size of her breasts because they are natural. "I love my body, it's what God gave me," Upton said. "I feel confident with myself, and if that inspires other women to feel great with their bodies, great!"
Twenty-First Century Model
Three years later after she fled to New York with one goal, and that is to become a successful model. She gained success because she worked on her goals. Upton said that she wasn't reluctant to call different modeling agencies. Upton is currently signed with IMG Models, and she made it happen by calling the front desk of the said modeling agency and talked them into setting up a meeting with an agent. "I figured out a path I wanted to take to accomplish those goals. If that meant calling the best modeling agency in the world, that's what it meant."
IMG's Senior Vice President Ivan Bart calls Upton a "twenty-first century model," all attributed to her confidence and ambition to achieve her goals.
To maintain her voluptuous and rounded figure, Upton reveals that she only eats "anything that flies or swims." She only eats fish or chicken, in addition to vegetables.
Upton, as she has pointed out, has goals and she is working to achieve those goals. Into the future, Upton revealed that she would like to have her own lingerie line and do other side hustles, such as acting. She stars in the new movie The Other Woman, alongside Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann. Speaking to Empire Magazine as reported by The Belfast Telegraph, Mann said that Upton is a complete natural. "It's weird, she walked in the first day and it was like, BAM," Mann said.
As for Upton, she revealed that she wasn't nervous as she thought she would be. "They made me feel really welcome, like I could mess up."
Read more of Upton's Vogue feature here.
Upton recently had another photo shoot for the 2014 Sam Edelman Spring/Summer Campaign, Hollywood Tuna reported. She posed with horses braless, revealing her cleavage. Before she delved into modeling, Upton was an equestrian, so she sure didn't mind posing with horses in photo shoots.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone