MLB Trade Rumours: Boston Red Sox Primed to Get Andre Ethier in Trade With LA Dodgers
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 31, 2014 12:23 PM EST
The Boston Red Sox could reportedly make a run for Andre Ethier, who will likely be traded before the trade deadline this season. In an article by Larry Sealy of Digital Journal, several analysts already foresee that the Los Angeles Dodgers will trade one of their four main outfielders, and the Boston Red Sox appear to be the ideal trade partner.
Ethier, who is coming off a microfracture surgery, returned in full action with the Dodgers lineup during Spring Training and seem ready to contribute both on the field and at the plate for the emerging National League superpower.
The Dodgers, the team with the highest payroll, are very talented from top to bottom, but the logjam in the outfield could create conflict and disrupt team chemistry. According to sources, it is a matter of time when both Carl Crawford and Matt Kemp return to the lineup healthy, giving the Dodgers four high-caliber outfielders with Yasiel Puig looking to put up another All-Star worthy campaign.
"The LA Dodgers enter the 2014 MLB season with too many talented outfielders on the roster and once Matt Kemp and Carl Crawford are completely healthy, rumours have started that Andre Ethier could be traded," Digital Journal reported.
"Several teams in baseball could use a quality center fielder and an above average bat in the lineup, including the Boston Red Sox. Reports started back in January of the two teams making another trade together."
The Red Sox and Dodgers are no stranger in making blockbuster deals. In fact, both franchises pulled off a blockbuster deal that changed the landscape of baseball in 2012. There are several sources who indicated that Ethier's days in Hollywood are numbered and change is about to happen in a few weeks.
"These two franchises have made several deals in the past, including the trade that sent Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez to the West Coast a couple years back, but this move is more of necessity for LA as the payroll is high and playing time for Ethier would be at a minimum," reported Digital Journal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?